1770 Beachside Backpacker
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It's not a real breakfast that you get there- only bread, but no jam or anything on it, milk and coffee/tea. Air con turns on from 7pm-7am and is terribly cold. The room of my dorm could not have been closed- no one fixed it, although they promised. Close to the beach but a bit far away from the main shops area. ”
- 25 Jan 2015 Anonymous Germany
- “ Definitely a really nice hostel with an amazing group of staff. Agnes Water is a tiny, tiny town but departing from the twin-city 1770 there are a lot of really nice day trips and must companies offer a shuttle service . Moreover the surrounding nature is just stunning. The only complain will be that the air-condition doesn't get turned on before late night and is switched off again early in the morning. ”
- 25 Dec 2014 Anonymous Denmark
- “ The most welcoming hostel we've experienced in Australia. Free bread throughout the day which we've never had elsewhere. Fruit bread was excellent! Staff seemed to be treated well and that was reflected in the way they interacted with backpackers. 10 minute walk to the Main Street, shuttle bus to and from the greyhound point. And, of course, the $15 Roo Run where you get to feed and meet the little joeys! Floor cleaned every day and rooms secure. Awesome hostel in all, would highly recommend. ”
- 27 Jul 2014 Matt England