1900 Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The hostel itself is safe, but the area can be dangerous at night. But it is right next to shopping, museums, and central Lima so there is lots to do during the day! The entire hostel is open to the outdoor courtyard in the middle of the building, which means there is dust and a few bugs, but the entire area is cleaned daily. Very friendly and helpful staff. If you are adventurous and don't want the touristy Mira Flores treatment, this is the perfect place! ”
- 24 Oct 2014 Amber USA
- “ 1900 Backpackers Hostel was just what I was looking for. I chose it for its location and hoped everything else would be passable. Well, the staff was welcoming, knowledgeable, and fluent in English (yes, I am guilty of traveling to Latin America with terrible Spanish skills.) The vibe was relaxed. Breakfast was modest but free and always ready to go at 8:00. The WiFi was dead in my room but excellent in the lobby, which had plenty of seating. Bathrooms could be laid out better. Would stay again! ”
- 28 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ friendly personnel,very good location,good price ”
- 22 Jul 2014 Robert Tomasz Poland
- “ staff was not helpful at the time i arrived, never showed me the facilities (kitchen, bathroom) when I asked what there was to do around they gave me the map and thats it. the next day it was fine, the manager was there so he helped me. noisy, but that is everywhere in lima ”
- 07 Jun 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ The staff was really friendly and understood English well. The lounge areas were big and the atmosphere was very welcoming and chill. ”
- 05 Jun 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ They overcharged us. I paid a deposit online, and then when I paid, they used an excessively high conversion rate from the quoted USD price. Not impressed. ”
- 20 May 2014 Colin