1900 Backpackers Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Good hostel, good athmosphere and okay prices. Nice location, far better to be here than Miraflores. The staff were helpfull, and we got a free walking tour aswell, that was high quality and a nice way to meet people. Lots of young people there, would reccomend. ”
- 14 Sep 2015 Anonymous Norway
- “ Some of the staff were discriminatory of english speakers, and told us to take a taxi to the airport, and did not share that there was an option for a bus. One of hte ladies bathrooms were broken for the duration of our stay. The hostel did not sell necessities like a lighter for the stove, and the atmosphere was not set up for making friends. There was little space for luggage in our room, and the location was not very good, it was a crowded, smelly, noisy walk to any tourist sites. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Not in Miraflores, but very close to the central plazas. The hostel is worth the book on the merits of its free daily city tour and bar alone. Claudia, who works the travel agency desk inside, was also wonderful. We booked a very cheap, absolutely wonderful Salkantay trek through her. If you're in Lima for awhile, I recommend staying in Miraflores, but for the night you arrive in Lima this is a great option. See the city the next day and plan your adventure from here. ”
- 13 May 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ VERY NICE BUILDING, EXCELLENT LOCATION AND VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY STAFF ! ”
- 15 Apr 2015 Anonymous Costa Rica
- “ Great hostel, I enjoyed staying there and if I go back to Lima someday I would definetely stay there again, the only thing I didn't like was that the taxi driver that took me to the airport charged me more that the hostel staff said. Besides that everything was excellent. ”
- 12 Apr 2015 Anonymous Mexico
- “ The hostel itself is safe, but the area can be dangerous at night. But it is right next to shopping, museums, and central Lima so there is lots to do during the day! The entire hostel is open to the outdoor courtyard in the middle of the building, which means there is dust and a few bugs, but the entire area is cleaned daily. Very friendly and helpful staff. If you are adventurous and don't want the touristy Mira Flores treatment, this is the perfect place! ”
- 24 Oct 2014 Amber USA