40 Berkeley Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Locatin was very good but it was too expensive for a hostel even though the clientele wasn't spectacular ”
- 21 Aug 2015 Nour Egypt
- “ Very small rooms with three beds. Breakfast was eliminated in 2015 versus 2012. Bad. ”
- 16 Aug 2015 Anonymous Russia
- “ Neighborhood was awesome! Quiet and beautiful residential area, and could reach out the public library around 10mins. Staff are so accurate and helpful, since it's so big hostel, everything was well organized. Only two I was embarrassed were there was no A/C in private room.(but fortunately, it was not way hotter than I expected.) and no breakfast. If I go to Boston again, I wanna stay here again or recommend othere to stay here. ”
- 27 Jul 2015 Anonymous
- “ the hostel should emphases that there is no air conditioner in the room ”
- 24 Jul 2015 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ Had to stay overnight in Boston, because of flight schedule. Hotels were sold out or over $300 a nite, so we tried 40 Berkeley. This was our first hostel experience and other than no air and just a ceiling fan in hot weather, it went well. The room was clean, comfortable bed and soft sheets, and bathroom convenient and clean. Good location for what we wanted to do, and easy access to the subway. The front desk man, and I didn't get his name, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. ”
- 24 Jun 2015 Linda USA
- “ The communal area and reception area were fine but there was no effort made to make the rooms welcoming at all. They were monk like in their austerity. From our room the bathroom/shower was some way away and serviced too many rooms for only 1 shower and 1 toilet. ”
- 06 Jun 2015 Anonymous Australia