500 West Hotel San Diego Downtown
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This is a huge place. It was empty when I was there so I got the dorm to myself and had a very quiet, nice night. Great outdoor area, spacious indoor areas, table in room, comfy beds, lockers in room, restrooms and showers down the hall. The biggest drawback for me was the kitchen. It was there but absolutely nothing in it except 3 old teflon pans. There is a gas stove, microwave, refrigerator. I don''t use toxic teflon so no way for me to heat water or cook an egg. No cups, plates, etc ”
- 18 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ A localização do hostel é ótima, principalmente se você está interessado em conhecer a noite de San Diego sem precisar dirigir ou pegar um táxi. Tem um estacionamento nas proximidades, então se você for de carro vai encontrar lugar para deixá-lo durante a noite. The hostel location is really good, mainly if you wanna know San Diego's night without needing to drive or to take a cab. There is a parking near the hostel, so you are gonna find a place to keep you car during the night. ”
- 31 Aug 2014 LAISA Brazil
- “ Very good value for money, safe feeling building and always helpful staff. Plenty of toilets and showers - never feels busy, even in hallways. BEST location for city vacation. ”
- 31 Jul 2014 Chantel
- “ There is a need to modernize this place at all. This hostel is very old. The most bad thing about the hostel was the fact, that it was so dirty. The bathroom on the floor totally smells like pee and there were brown hairs all over the shower. It was disgusting. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Christian
- “ This is a hostel and it is at a good price, and is on par what you should expect. The private rooms are just right for one person and the bathrooms are also locked and private. The location is great as it is just beside the train and downtown. It is a great rest stop if you get in late or are traveling on but don't expect the four seasons; if you're on budget this is your spot. ”
- 10 Jul 2014 Melinda USA
- “ Fantastic location near trolley and bus routes in a wonderful old historic building with lots of character. Unfortunately, the shared bathrooms need a major power washing to eliminate the mildew and heavy use. Even though the dorm rooms are small and real breakfast was not included in the price (a common element of international hostels), the stay was well worth the price in downtown San Diego, just two blocks from the water. The complimentary coffee was very good. ”
- 03 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA