A&O Hamburg City
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ one female receptionst is very inexperienced, she fogort this and that, hand me a piece of paper wrapping the keycard without saying anything. The card is slipped withhout my notice. when asking for what's the shortcut to central station, she is not able to draw on map and refuse to write it down. She execused that she is not from Hamburg. The reception is slow as hell, I suggest to haveone desk for travelling info and the rest to hostels info which will speed up the process. ”
- 02 Aug 2015 Anonymous China
- “ Overall had a nice stay, had a little trouble with check in because they couldn't find my deposit, but all was sorted out. The room and the bathroom were both clean. Usually felt secure leaving my stuff in the room. Not too far of a walk to the city centre and various attractions but quicker using the train which was only a couples minutes walk from the hostel. Good for a short stay in Hamburg or for just passing through. ”
- 26 Mar 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ THe staff in reception are always in a hurry, and all in this hostel is about making money. You must have your bed sheets or you will have to pay an extra charge (no, you can't choose not to rent it) and with the locker is almost the same. It's not bad hostel and location is good. But these tricks to make more money pissed me of. ”
- 22 Nov 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ We were a group of 8 guys in Hamburg for a weekend. For that purpose the hostel was fine. If I should bring my family, I would choose a smaller and more quiet place. One bad experience was the receptionist, who checked us in. He didn't like his job very much :-( ”
- 12 Sep 2014 René Denmark