A&O Hamburg City
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We came at over Christmas and were disappointed because a selling point on this hostel had been good reviews on the atmosphere, but the place was empty and there was nothing on. We were also very disappointed with the kitchen facilities, which were very dirty, and was lacking an oven and had only a single small dirty fridge for storing food. The kettle was also very dirty, and hot water from a drinks machine cost 1.50. We were therefore unable to store and cook our own food for our stay. ”
- 22 Dec 2016 Anonymous England
- “ The room was stinky and the bar/reception understaffed (at times there was only one person responsible for both in a 9-storey building). There was only one wc for 8 persons, and on the beds there were some bedsheets and towels which seemed to belong to nobody. There were no cafés/restaurants in the immediate nearings. ”
- 16 Nov 2016 Serena
- “ laundry and kitchen was locked during opening hours. took very long until sb. came to open it. but they apologized. only two washing machines of which one was broken. only one dryer. instructions only in German and they do not say that you have to get chips at the reception in order to operate the machine (money coins don't work). they also ran out of chips. staff was very helpful and gave us a new room when we had a problem with one of the guys in our room who literally shat on the toilet seat ”
- 12 Aug 2016 stefanie
- “ Everything was great. When you need to overnight just for a night, this would be a good choice. Everything clear, the stuff very good. I`m satisfied. ”
- 05 Feb 2016 Anonymous Georgia