A Huy Chuong (former Huong Viet hostel)
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ staying at Huong Viet Hostel was a true pleasure. We got a great greeting at the airport where we were picked up with a nice hostibility. The staff really maked us feel welcome and maked sure we when on a tour the next day to a fair price, which was a tour where we saw the Co Chi tunnels with a very good english talking guide. It truely maked the stay in a new city as Ho Chi Minh so much more easy. We recomently it warmly to backpackers who wants to live at a good price in HCMC. ”
- 14 Jul 2011 Tine
- “ This place had its good points in that it was not in the rat-race part of the city with a non-touristy market near by. This is not the smartest part of town but quite OK. Cheaper too. The hostel was small with only 6 rooms so the money has to be made from selling tours. These are expensively priced but we did not go on these so cannot comment on quality. The staff were helpful and proprietor spoke excellent English and French. ”
- 09 Jul 2011 Kevin
- “ The staff were a delight, diligent but no English! Some of the organized tours did seem pricey. I understand that it is easy to get to Củ Chi tunnels (Địa đạo Củ Chi - write this down _EXACTLY_ to show bus exchange) by public transport. Ask them to write down route number. I've seen other Hostel.com reviewers specifically comment on Củ Chi. _In general_ for Vietnam - take a phrase book, pen & paper. Laborious but much better than misunderstanding each others’ mispronunciations! Also a map. ”
- 02 Jul 2011 R Hugh
- “ Huong Viet hostel was the best I stayed in Vietnam, not in terms of hostelling facilities, but in terms of personal relationship and service. ”
- 24 May 2011 Daniel Switzerland
- “ One of my best stay:the owner took personaly care of us and due to our rel. large group (5 persons) was able to organize accommodation, tours and more for a fraction of regular cost. We had suits made to measure and the same owner fetched them when finished and sent them to us back to our home country. Two thumbs up for the service. ”
- 26 Mar 2011 Anonymous Italy