AAE Banfield Portland
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This wasn't a Hostel, it was a seedy run down motel. This looked like the type of place where people rent rooms by the hour. My room smelled of stale cigarettes & even after airing out for 2 hours and coming back it still stank. The sheets were stained & the tub was dirty. The worst part of it all was the shower didn't even work & you couldn't control the water temp in the tub. I had to splash bathe with scalding water. I've stayed at hostels before and they were much nicer than this place. ”
- 19 Jun 2015 Marvin USA
- “ The fire alarm was detached and sitting in the desk drawer, the remote for the TV did not work, there was only one towel per person, and only one trashcan. However, the fire alarm was replaced and the remote was switched out. The rest could be ignored if it was not so expensive. $200 for two nights was too high. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The room was smelling cold tobacco. We had to buy some encense to get through the ba smell. ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Ludovic
- “ By the way this is not really a hostel - just an inexpensive hotel, although they apparently offer shared accommodation. Online we were able to book only 2 days out of the three which we were going to spend in Portland. So while Friday and Sunday were covered, I still had to find something for Saturday, and no other hotel was available (especially on such short notice). After getting there, the receptionist moved around some reservations to get us that Saturday, which worked out perfectly! ”
- 11 Jul 2014 Anonymous Canada