AAE Bourbon House Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I thought this place was fantastic. I have been coming o NOLA for many years, and I have stayed in many hotels, bed & breakfasts and hostels. AAE Bourbon was reasonably priced, clean, and comfortable. I could not ask for anything more. The staff was knowledgeable, helpful and very friendly. Even the fellow lodgers created a calm and exciting environment. I highly recommend the place. ”
- 04 Oct 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ I was pleasantly surprised by the Bourbon House. Having stayed at the rustic India House, I was expecting a similarly grungy experience. But Bourbon House was clean, the staff was extremely helpful, and the common areas allowed for fun interactions. ”
- 08 Sep 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ This place had great facilities and was a very nice and clean hostel. But the atmosphere there was like a library - it was as if people were afraid to talk to each other and when they did, it was in a whisper. But if you like that sort of thing I guess it is a great hostel. ”
- 13 Aug 2013 Anonymous Denmark
- “ I had a GREAT time at AA Bourbon; staff was friendly and gave some good suggestions on where to hear great tunes and get authentic, cheap food; atmosphere was friendly and open - everyone hung out with each other in common spaces and there was no way to come away from my stay without new friends and good conversation. Free pancakes in the morning was a huge plus! Plenty of showers to go around, and very clean beds were SO nice. I would definitely recommend this hostel. :) ”
- 08 Aug 2013 Emily USA
- “ Air conditioning was great. Coffee was very good as were pancakes and free food. Outside area was enjoyable. Door codes allowed for the max in security. Staff was helpful. Parking along the street was fine as I was there for 4 nights with no problems. ”
- 01 Aug 2013 Herbert USA
- “ thanks guys! this was my first-ever hostel stay and i'd heard some real horror stories about friends staying in hostels, but it was an absolutely top-notch experience and i'll likely be coming back some day in the future. cheers. ”
- 22 Jul 2013 Anonymous Canada