AAE Portland Downtown
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This hostel was excellent in that my experience was positive. Your staff was acomodating. ”
- 11 Nov 2014 KELLY USA
- “ No issues, very friendly staff! ”
- 24 Aug 2014 Anonymous Sweden
- “ Extremely loud at night with the windows facing a busy street and a tramway.. either very hot in the room, or very loud with windows open. Smelly rooms. Slept very poorly. No vent in the bathroom. Staff not friendly and made zero effort to explain the confusing price difference with the Hostels.com website. Location is okay and free Parking is nice but there isn't nearly enough stalls for the motel. ”
- 19 Aug 2014 remi
- “ The first room we were allocated was revolting, looked like a storage room and it stank of stale tobacco smoke. We asked for another room and got one which was far better but still was barely the minimum standard you'd expect. Another guest at the time we checked in was appalled too. Grotty furniture, dim bathroom, fan full of dust, green polyester sheets that were badly pilled, AND it's not a hostel at all, budget motel would be more accurate. Given the price, the place is a shocker. ”
- 15 Aug 2014 Samuel New Zealand
- “ Terrible service, they were rude, unimformative, quick to frustration and quick to charge you extra. Seems to be a culture difference between the staff and the guests where the staff are openly rude to the guest and don't seem to have a problem with it. The facility has reports and photos of bed bugs online, the parking garage has limited spaces which they don't monitor. Boyfriend and I had to spend over 30 minutes looking for parking after a 12 hour drive. Not cool. ”
- 17 Jun 2014 Leila USA
- “ You had better change your website to explain why guests under 30 are not allowed to stay. You kept my security deposit after I had already completed the booking and I had to find another hotel at which to stay. Highway robbery. ”
- 13 May 2014 Chris USA