AAE Portland Downtown
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This place is a dump. It's like someone googled hostel and put in the elements they thought make up one in a converted hotel room. When I got there someone had been in my bunk and it had not been cleaned. None of the electrical outlets worked. In the bathroom the tile was coming off the side of the tub and it was also really dirty. Overall, the location is great but the experience was not worth the money. ”
- 19 Dec 2015 Marie USA
- “ I only stayed here one night -- it's not the most beautiful hostel, more motel-like in appearance than some of the other house or hotel hostels I've stayed in. Everyone seemed nice enough and everything was clean enough. Basic and fine. No amenities, really, and yet it cost pretty much the same price as other hostels in other, equally good, parts of town. Also, I prefer hostels with dorm beds that have curtains for a bit of privacy. But nothing was wrong here, it was all just fine. ”
- 05 Nov 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Remember to bring your own lock for the safes, because front desk does not sell or rent any. ”
- 07 Oct 2015 Kathryn England
- “ Great location, room was clean but had a bit of funk to it if all the windows were left closed. ”
- 14 Aug 2015 Syd USA
- “ The American guy who was there the morning I checked in was extremely friendly. The foreigner at the desk (Indian or Pakistani) on the other hand was rather unfriendly (when I checked out). THe bathroom was GROSS, but there were 6 other guys there at the time in the same room. The lockers are tiny and not much fits. The beds were uncomfortable. The place is a bit pricy for the quality, but it's OK given that there aren't many other options in Portland and the location is quite decent. ”
- 01 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Great view; nice pub next door; central location; nice beds, clean room and private restroom/toilet/tub/shower ”
- 26 Jul 2015 Beth A USA