AAE S.F. European Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ One room as restroom /shower per floor isn't enough. No safe, our room smelled. ”
- 07 Jul 2015 Anonymous Norway
- “ The bed shook, the cleaning crew was not friendly (and one lady didn't speak English to communicate with). Considering this was the cheapest hostel in sf, it makes sense not to expect too much. ”
- 01 Jul 2015 Richard USA
- “ They were constantly running out of toilet paper.the chemicals they used to clean made Me go to the er with an asthma attack. I checked out early. Fodor said office hours were 7 to 11 yet no one showed up till 7:30 The carpeting was old an ragged . There was no air conditioning so it felt like90 degrees in room. It was just a miserable stay ”
- 29 Jun 2015 Kathleen USA
- “ Dorms are tiny but ok and clean, there are not enough showers & bathrooms, so be prepared to stand in line, especially in the evening. Showers are not always really clean. ”
- 29 Jun 2015 Saskia Switzerland
- “ Was a lot of fees and it came out to be way over what I was told online when booking it 60 bucks turned into over 80 bucks ”
- 16 Jun 2015 Richard USA
- “ There was a good bit of homeless outside but they are seemingly harmless, it's not close to anything like right out front type of food or anything but it's very close to the San Fran muni (cable cars and buses, short distance transport) and the Bart which will be your way in from the airport so it's quite convenient. It's just in a dodgy area. I would by no means say this hostel is clean but I didn't see anything too disturbing. Over all it's a really cheap stay for a really expensive city. ”
- 05 Jun 2015 Megan USA