AAE S.F. European Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ A few dozen meters from the building I saw syringe lying on the street - charm of California occupied by hordes of bums. Quite friendly service, we had no problems with staying for a few hours due to our late flight. The entrance door to the hostel protected by a password. Well equipped kitchen occupied mostly by, as the name suggests, tourists from Europe. ”
- 23 Aug 2015 Anonymous Poland
- “ Very disgusting place. Not clean. Stinky. ”
- 31 Jul 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ One room as restroom /shower per floor isn't enough. No safe, our room smelled. ”
- 07 Jul 2015 Anonymous Norway
- “ The bed shook, the cleaning crew was not friendly (and one lady didn't speak English to communicate with). Considering this was the cheapest hostel in sf, it makes sense not to expect too much. ”
- 01 Jul 2015 Richard USA
- “ They were constantly running out of toilet paper.the chemicals they used to clean made Me go to the er with an asthma attack. I checked out early. Fodor said office hours were 7 to 11 yet no one showed up till 7:30 The carpeting was old an ragged . There was no air conditioning so it felt like90 degrees in room. It was just a miserable stay ”
- 29 Jun 2015 Kathleen USA
- “ Dorms are tiny but ok and clean, there are not enough showers & bathrooms, so be prepared to stand in line, especially in the evening. Showers are not always really clean. ”
- 29 Jun 2015 Saskia Switzerland