Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ We stayed at AR Guesthouse for 8 days and our room did not get cleaned once, even when I asked if we could have the floor swept. We would have swept it ourselves but there were no cleaning supplies available. The kitchen and the bathrooms were also half-renovated and quite disgusting most of the time with no cleaning supplies available. The rooms do not look like the photos at all. It is relatively inexpensive for its location close to central Reykjavik, but I would not stay there again. ”
- 20 Jul 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Called the owner one day before we arrived, he said everything was alright, no need to worry.However, when we arrived at the guesthouse, he kept us waiting for 3 hours and suddenly he said the room was unavailable! We booked a dorm which for 3 people and when it wasn't available, he wanted to give us a room which had 6 people in it, definitely unacceptable for the price we paid in the first place! Then the owner started raising his voice to us.We called the deal off! Never want to deal with him! ”
- 20 Jun 2013 Anonymous Malaysia
- “ No one was there virtually the entire time we were staying at AR Guesthouse. The toilets ran out of toilet paper for a whole day without anyone replacing it. The entire building smelled terrible, and on the day before we left we discovered that an extra key to our room had been sitting on a windowsill the entire time we were staying there. ”
- 17 May 2013 Annie-Rose USA