AWA Seattle Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed here for the first time and would return. While it is a bit of a bus ride from downtown (e.g., if you use Amtrak or a bus), I liked the university location. The facilities were nicer and more private--because it is a private room but a shared bath--than the typical hostel. Nice towels, the room was large and had a sink in it, and the bed softness and bed linens were lovely. The staff were very friendly. Only drawback= the stairs, no elevator. But the staff helped carry my suitcase up. ”
- 20 Jul 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ My only complaint. Some of the rooms are directly above a greasy restaurant. My room had a continual grease odor that does not go away. ”
- 03 Nov 2012 John USA
- “ While most of the staff were friendly and helpful, some staff members were not particularly pleasant. Not outright rude but definitely had an attitude that made you feel like you were imposing. Overall, I found the College Inn to be a pleasant place to stay, though. The rooms were nice and clean, and I liked the fact that the place is a historical landmark. Sure, there are not as many amenities (such as TVs in the room, or private bathrooms). But I didn't expect, need or miss them. ”
- 07 Sep 2012 Debra
- “ I made reservations 2 months in advance, received confirmation. Got to the AWA College Inn in Seattle late at night as planned and was told my reservation had been cancelled because the hostel was overbooked. Was also told that the hostel is frequently overbooked. I had just called to reconfirmed the reservation 2 days before arrival and was never told I was canceled. We were given cab fare and a reservation was arranged at a Travel Lodge. Waited an hour on the streets of Seattle late at night ”
- 01 Sep 2012 Deidre
- “ The room was kind of small, and the floor smelled like the chinese kitchen downstairs (you can´t smell it in your room though). Breakfast was great, they even had fruit and cereal and a nice room to sit. No parking spaces! You can park over the street with a fee, from 8pm til 8am and sundays is free though. No elevator! ”
- 20 Aug 2012 Caroline