Abercorn House Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This is a very noisy house.Noisy doors, thin walls, etc.The furniture is very cheap and not very comfortable. One example: Only ceiling lamps. No bedside lamps, etc. Showers were not hot (temperature could not be regulated). There are other hostels that cost the same and are much better (in London!!!). I bought ear pads. Did not help much. It was really noisy.Many noisy Spanish people. Cleaning staff cleaned at 4 in the morning. Very noisy staff. Accommodation can not be recommended.Expensive! ”
- 11 Oct 2014 Maria Germany
- “ It was a good hostel with perfect location - nothing special though. ”
- 10 Oct 2014 Rory New Zealand
- “ No elevator (at least that I could find). I could not believe how much noise carried inside the hostel, I think perhaps I heard ever door close throughout the entire floor I was on and I certainly heard every foot step on the stairs. Made it difficult to sleep. ”
- 27 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ The bed was terrible. They changed the mattress for me, I can't be sure, but I think they merely flipped it over as it was no better. I used the towels and my sleeping bag to help cushion the springs that were almost poking through. The kitchens had nothing to cook with - everyone staying there had to go out and buy their own pots and pans. Not so cost effective for backpackers. The internet was terrible! If it was free it would have been acceptable. It was clean but had no atmosphere. ”
- 02 Feb 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ Aften a weekend at Abercorn I have been bitten hundreds of times by bed bugs! And now I have brought them to Denmark (I am still being bitten!!!!!) I both saw the small, flat and brown bugs in our room at Abercorn AND I saw its faces as well on the bedclothes HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm warning other guests against using this place. I hope the hostel will take action against this huge problem. ”
- 31 Jan 2014 Tanja Sparvath
- “ Because of thin doors you can hear almost everything that goes on in this hostel. Even on a everyday night it can be hard to fall asleep because of people returning late, and you can hear the doors slam so clearly. ”
- 20 Jan 2014 Caroline Kragh Denmark