Abercrombie's Farrington Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The house was very old, and this could easily have been written off as charming or quaint had the place been maintained properly. It smelled so bad as soon as I was shown in, and another, equally as bad smell lingered in the room. The place could definitely benefit from a yearly clean including shampooing the carpet, wiping down the walls properly, steam cleaning the furniture, and simply opening the doors and windows to air it out. That being said, the room was spacious and kitchenette nice. ”
- 04 Jul 2014 Leigh New Zealand
- “ I found this this hostel to be exactly what it was supposed to be, a good venue to wash up and spend the night in. Staff is very helpful, location is about a 20 minute train ride from downtown but there are plenty of places to eat/drink nearby. It's not the Holiday Inn, but please adjust your expectations to the money you're paying. The bed was comfy, I slept like a baby all night, and the shower was nice and hot in the morning. What else does one want from a hostel? ”
- 20 Jun 2014 Slawomir Poland
- “ Excellent value for money! Quiet neighborhood, not too far from public transportation, pretty easy to get there if you have a phone with google maps in it :) The staff was very helpful and friendly, gave us advice on how to get where we needed to go. Lots of places to eat nearby. Its a great option if you're on a budget. Highly recommend! ”
- 01 May 2014 Nadiya Ukraine
- “ It was ok, but the heating is a bit weird and the location is not the best. A bit expensive, but I guess it's because it's Boston. Next time I'd take something closer to the center. ”
- 15 Dec 2013 Anonymous Germany
- “ you get what you pay for. It was the cheapest Lodging possibility that we could find. The Staff was very nice, but is was verly loud at night and we couldn't close the shutters properly so we weren't able to darken the room. ”
- 16 Nov 2013 Jonas Germany
- “ This place is horrible! It's dirty and one of the guys is very unpolite (he wanted me to wait outside in the cold for two hours). There was a fight in the night and nobody was there to intervene. Never again. Never. ”
- 09 Oct 2013 Albert Switzerland