Abercrombie's Farrington Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great location, and very charming little inn. Windows leaked a bit during a rain storm, but other than that it was great. They had heaters right next to the beds too, which kept it nice and warm. ”
- 21 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Hostel was OK didn't realize it was 2 separate houses, kind of scary inside staircase in the 2nd building but the lobby was old fashionedly charming and the guy who finally came to check me in (no onewas there!) was very friendly and helpful. Wifi didn't work the 2nd and 3rd night I was there which was a definite no-no. if visiting harvard its convenient though, bus right nearby takes you there in about 15 minutes. short walk to restaurants but not a stylish part of Boston. Overall fine. ”
- 07 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ When I booked the website & my confirmation email stated I could cancel with 24 hours notice plus I took out cancellation insurance. However, when I arrived the OWNER then told me that there was a 4 day minimum and I could not cancel my last night (even with 4 days notice). I was told I'd have to cancel the entire reservation. With several tries & much effort the owner agreed to refund me 50% of the last night even though there was nothing in the agreement about 4 day minum. I feel ripped off. ”
- 09 Oct 2014 Audrey Canada
- “ The house was very old, and this could easily have been written off as charming or quaint had the place been maintained properly. It smelled so bad as soon as I was shown in, and another, equally as bad smell lingered in the room. The place could definitely benefit from a yearly clean including shampooing the carpet, wiping down the walls properly, steam cleaning the furniture, and simply opening the doors and windows to air it out. That being said, the room was spacious and kitchenette nice. ”
- 04 Jul 2014 Leigh New Zealand
- “ I found this this hostel to be exactly what it was supposed to be, a good venue to wash up and spend the night in. Staff is very helpful, location is about a 20 minute train ride from downtown but there are plenty of places to eat/drink nearby. It's not the Holiday Inn, but please adjust your expectations to the money you're paying. The bed was comfy, I slept like a baby all night, and the shower was nice and hot in the morning. What else does one want from a hostel? ”
- 20 Jun 2014 Slawomir Poland
- “ Excellent value for money! Quiet neighborhood, not too far from public transportation, pretty easy to get there if you have a phone with google maps in it :) The staff was very helpful and friendly, gave us advice on how to get where we needed to go. Lots of places to eat nearby. Its a great option if you're on a budget. Highly recommend! ”
- 01 May 2014 Nadiya Ukraine