Abercrombie's Farrington Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I stayed for one night in a single room in late April. The door lock broke and I was transferred to another room. That can happen. The building is a traditional timber house which has been altered without any taste and which does not appear to have been maintained for many years. Recent roof leak stains on the ceiling. Poorly ducted water and waste pipes which made much noise. Poor and old furniture and carpets. Not properly cleaned. No heating in very cold weather. The host was genial enough. ”
- 27 Apr 2015 Dermot Ireland
- “ Good value for your money. Very close to the green line. We were there for St. Paddys and the T in and back from south Boston was very easy to use. The building was very old, the atmosphere was drab. Not the cleanest place, but you get what you pay for. ”
- 15 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ The hostel was clean and the location was close to the Green subway line B in a nice enough neighborhood with plenty of places to eat. All of the people staying on the same floor share a single bathroom. There was a slightly creepy air about the place, as there were no common areas or a kitchen and we never saw others staying in the hostel. While the staff was never present at the front desk, as soon as you call for them they appear and are very helpful and friendly. ”
- 03 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Great location, and very charming little inn. Windows leaked a bit during a rain storm, but other than that it was great. They had heaters right next to the beds too, which kept it nice and warm. ”
- 21 Feb 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Hostel was OK didn't realize it was 2 separate houses, kind of scary inside staircase in the 2nd building but the lobby was old fashionedly charming and the guy who finally came to check me in (no onewas there!) was very friendly and helpful. Wifi didn't work the 2nd and 3rd night I was there which was a definite no-no. if visiting harvard its convenient though, bus right nearby takes you there in about 15 minutes. short walk to restaurants but not a stylish part of Boston. Overall fine. ”
- 07 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ When I booked the website & my confirmation email stated I could cancel with 24 hours notice plus I took out cancellation insurance. However, when I arrived the OWNER then told me that there was a 4 day minimum and I could not cancel my last night (even with 4 days notice). I was told I'd have to cancel the entire reservation. With several tries & much effort the owner agreed to refund me 50% of the last night even though there was nothing in the agreement about 4 day minum. I feel ripped off. ”
- 09 Oct 2014 Audrey Canada