Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Location could not be beat, and the free breakfast in the morning was a definite plus. Felt pretty nice for a hostel... was just disappointed by the greeting I got from the woman who checked me in, who was pretty curt and unfriendly. The two men working the checkin/out desk the next morning were much friendlier-- and smiled much more! ”
- 26 Jun 2015 Meg USA
- “ I loved this hostel! It's a 10 minute walk hauling luggage from the train station and a 5 minute walk to the San Lorenzo market, the duomo, gelaterias, shopping, museums, and a 20 minute stroll to Ponte Vecchia. It was my first time traveling alone when abroad, and Academy easily felt like home. It's housed onside an ancient building but is still comfortable with all amenities. Toto was the BEST at making suggestions and helping me get to where I wanted to go. I cannot recommend more highly! ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Everything is great: perfect location, great staff, very clean and organized, free breakfast, and free pasta + wine for the evening, good travel atmosphere. Thank you! If there were a small reading lamp on the bedside table, it would have been perfect! :) ”
- 24 Apr 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Simply excellent! Possibly the best location money can buy in Firenze. Not only is it just a minute's walk away from the city centre; it is also only 5-10 minutes from some of my favourite places in the city. The rooms are huge (and don't have bunk beds), lockers are provided and the cleanliness is impeccable. The only thing I would worry about is staying here in the summer or whenever it is more fully booked, as there are only two toilets. All in all - definitely my first choice if I come back! ”
- 13 Dec 2014 Anonymous Norway
- “ Very friendly, AMAZING LOCATION, and very easy setup! Will come back for sure! ”
- 17 Sep 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ .the best hostel I have ever stayed in by far. Spend the money and stay here. You will meet amazing travellers and will get access to a home like clean hostel. ”
- 15 Aug 2014 Anonymous