Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ If you don't stay here then you are missing out. This is pretty much the happening part of town and next to bars that stay open much later. It can get rather noisy because of rowdy locals wandering the streets just outside, but if you have enough to drink then sleeping is no problem. You don't stay here for a quiet relaxing time, you stay here to have fun and spend less money. ”
- 19 Sep 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Love this hostel. It was In one of our favorite towns -- the only issues we had was our room was very hot and the window was very small. The bunks were uncomfortable so we didn't get much sleep -- but all in all its a really great place and we probably just had a bad fluke of a night. ”
- 31 Aug 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Be sure if you are booking with the hostel and arriving before 7:30am or after 11pm that you notify them so they can give you the access code to the door. There IS NOT 24 hour service. I notified them yet no one gave me the access code so I had to call the emergency number on the door when I arrived at 5:30am. The hostel is clean, has a kitchen where you can store food in the fridge but not solid food. The only problem is there isn't an outlet for every bed in the mixed dorms. ”
- 25 Aug 2015 Christine Canada
- “ Very cozy annd welcoming guesthouse in the heart of Akuryeri. Perfect place if you just wanna sleep somewhere before hitting the road again, or meeting people and discuss experiences. Very loud though, and a bit to many people some times. But the doorms are well protected from sound so you don't hear the bar. ”
- 20 Jul 2015 Eva Mikaela Sweden
- “ The best hostel I've stayed in to date! What an incredible atmosphere. First floor of the hostel is this really fun bar/restaurant/hangout and it was wonderful meeting other travelers and talking to them. It can be a little awkward at first to have the showers in the basement, but each floor is equipped with really nice and spacious Bathrooms so you can do almost everything right on your floor! Incredible staff, delicious food, and even A free drink! Centrally located and easy to find! Book it ”
- 04 Jul 2015 Summer USA
- “ Great base for a trip through northern Iceland. The atmoshpere is goodand the beer is relatively cheap. The place is nice - especially the kitchen and the bathrooms are far superior to those in, f.e. Reykjavik Backpackers. We enjoyed our stay very much and would gladly recommend the hostel to our friends. ”
- 25 Jun 2015 Aleksandra Poland