Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Excellent for coming to or leaving Costa Rica, close to the airport and has a free shuttle to the airport. Staff is friendly and helpful. Free internet. Cool restaurant / bar upstairs. Bus station next door - easy for other travels in Costa Rica. ”
- 03 May 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Awesome place to stay at the beginning or end of a Costa Rica trip. The views are incredible. Alajuela itself is much more interesting than expected as well. I will be back. ”
- 17 Feb 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Alajuela Backpackers Boutique was one of the worst value hostels I have ever stayed in. Staff (one in particular) was unhelpful and overtly rude. Rooms had basic necessities but were unclean (mould on the walls), wifi only worked in a few locations, room had large windows facing a well lit park but no curtains. When I approached the front desk because people in my dorm had had bedbugs (two days before), staff would not let me change rooms or offer any sort of help. ”
- 17 Dec 2012 Anonymous Canada
- “ Great location for first/last night stay near the airport. Right by town center. Free shuttle to/from airport. Clean comfy mattress and sheets. Security out front. However no fridge available if you need it (I had some meds to keep cool and had to find ice). The only working fridge is in their restaurant that has amazing views, but it is not always open. ”
- 01 Dec 2012 Anonymous USA
- “ good airportshuttle service, nice bar with terace with great view and friendly bartender. ”
- 31 Jul 2012 Sabine