Alaska Backpackers Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ First of all the lady of the facility is an all world personality who goes over and beyond to try to accommodate everyone for safety and a homely feel to the place. I was in a room that was extremely hot (imagine that in Alaska in September!!) and she stepped in and changed the room which was more comfortable. She also cleaned house of anyone that does not follow the rules which makes the people feel secure. If I ever go back to Alaska, if that lady is there, I'll be there. ”
- 12 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ I'm happy I survived through this experience. Very dirty. A lot of locals / aged people stay there. But location near (walking distance from the train station and downtown) is okay. ”
- 08 Sep 2014 Anonymous Russia
- “ I changed the hostel. It is not Confortable. Staff does not cooperate. They close reception, kitchen and they are 30 minutes late to open many times. They want to charge me 27 $ to storage my baggage. I don't recommend it at all. ”
- 13 Aug 2014 Maria
- “ What a great hostel! Clean, safe and comfortable. Lockers abound, rooms are nice, and the common room is just fantastic. However, I must let you know that this place isn't really in the center of town, more like a 10 minute walk, and as long as you can be here and not don't have to eat, you'll love it, as the closest convenience shop is downtown, and closest grocery (carrs) is about a 20 minute walk. There are snack and soft drinks at the hostel's vending machine, tho. Bring food with you! ”
- 12 Aug 2014 Ethan USA
- “ First off, I had booked a 2 person room on the website and when I got there they didn't have my reservation whatsoever. Their consolation was to stick me in a 6 person room instead. The room smelled terrible. The sheets were thread bare and kept coming off the mattress and the pillow was like sleeping on a postage stamp. The bathrooms were gross and the shower mat looked like something from a CDC experiment. I was literally afraid to step on it for fear of my personal health. ”
- 25 Jul 2014 Matthew USA
- “ I booked I single room and I was very unhappy with it! Unfortunetly the bed was unconfortable and the linen had sticks on it. The whole room looked old and unmaintained and it smelled. .after two weeks of camping i had prefered a tent instead of this room. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Anonymous Switzerland