Alaska Backpackers Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I booked I single room and I was very unhappy with it! Unfortunetly the bed was unconfortable and the linen had sticks on it. The whole room looked old and unmaintained and it smelled. .after two weeks of camping i had prefered a tent instead of this room. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ Very disappointing hostel. It has the potential to be a decent place, however there are many things that require improvement. Our room was dirty, it had not been vacuumed, the shared bathroom was out of paper, there was no fly screen on the window. Staff were only available from the office - a block away. The entrance area smelled bad. The main kitchen was a mess and had no crockery or cutlery. The second kitchen was better, but poorly equipped. There was a SWAT team that showed up one night! ”
- 24 Jun 2014 Anonymous England
- “ I came in very late, so only a top bunk was available. Heat was on although it wasn't particularly cold out. I slept poorly because the room was so hot. The location is convenient. Instead of taking a taxi for $20, I would recommend (if you're a solo traveler) taking the airport shuttle that only costs $10. (I didn't learn about this until my second stay here.) I understand their number is posted at the airport. They run 24/7. ”
- 28 May 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Excellent atention, Jorja its great!!! its near everything. The only thing you must take care is the time you arrive, because they dont have check inn 24hs. ”
- 27 Aug 2013 Lidia Argentina
- “ When I checked in, the staff said there were no towels available and it was late at night. She was quite rude and unhelpful and I travel frequently all over the U.S. and internationally too. It did not feel clean or safe either. It is not centrally located downtown so you need to walk at least 15-20 minutes to reach the good restaurants or shopping. ”
- 26 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Kitchen in annex...no cutlery...no cups or glasses... No free coffe or tea as offer in publicity... ”
- 31 Jul 2013 Anonymous Spain