Alaska Backpackers Inn
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I changed the hostel. It is not Confortable. Staff does not cooperate. They close reception, kitchen and they are 30 minutes late to open many times. They want to charge me 27 $ to storage my baggage. I don't recommend it at all. ”
- 13 Aug 2014 Maria
- “ What a great hostel! Clean, safe and comfortable. Lockers abound, rooms are nice, and the common room is just fantastic. However, I must let you know that this place isn't really in the center of town, more like a 10 minute walk, and as long as you can be here and not don't have to eat, you'll love it, as the closest convenience shop is downtown, and closest grocery (carrs) is about a 20 minute walk. There are snack and soft drinks at the hostel's vending machine, tho. Bring food with you! ”
- 12 Aug 2014 Ethan USA
- “ First off, I had booked a 2 person room on the website and when I got there they didn't have my reservation whatsoever. Their consolation was to stick me in a 6 person room instead. The room smelled terrible. The sheets were thread bare and kept coming off the mattress and the pillow was like sleeping on a postage stamp. The bathrooms were gross and the shower mat looked like something from a CDC experiment. I was literally afraid to step on it for fear of my personal health. ”
- 25 Jul 2014 Matthew USA
- “ I booked I single room and I was very unhappy with it! Unfortunetly the bed was unconfortable and the linen had sticks on it. The whole room looked old and unmaintained and it smelled. .after two weeks of camping i had prefered a tent instead of this room. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ Very disappointing hostel. It has the potential to be a decent place, however there are many things that require improvement. Our room was dirty, it had not been vacuumed, the shared bathroom was out of paper, there was no fly screen on the window. Staff were only available from the office - a block away. The entrance area smelled bad. The main kitchen was a mess and had no crockery or cutlery. The second kitchen was better, but poorly equipped. There was a SWAT team that showed up one night! ”
- 24 Jun 2014 Anonymous England
- “ I came in very late, so only a top bunk was available. Heat was on although it wasn't particularly cold out. I slept poorly because the room was so hot. The location is convenient. Instead of taking a taxi for $20, I would recommend (if you're a solo traveler) taking the airport shuttle that only costs $10. (I didn't learn about this until my second stay here.) I understand their number is posted at the airport. They run 24/7. ”
- 28 May 2014 Anonymous USA