American Dream Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The overall experience was enjoyable but there where a few minor inconveniences that unfortunately made our trip a little less enjoyable. The WiFI was an absolute disaster (we ended up using the free WiFi provided by NYC, but it only worked on the aisles) and the atmosphere was not great. We'd still recommend this place as its location is very convenient and the value for money, while it would be quite poor in most other cities, was alright for NYC. ”
- 07 Aug 2016 Felix Switzerland
- “ Rooms are small. Restrooms and bathrooms are very small and dirty. The lock of the bedroom didn't work well. ”
- 07 Aug 2016 Marina Switzerland
- “ Loved my stay. Snacks were awesome. ”
- 28 Apr 2016 Aaron USA
- “ A really good hostel! Good location just a few blocks away from the subway and in walking distance to mostly of the tourist things on Manhattan. A good breakfast and always fresh fruits in the kitchen. Clean toilets and showers. I will absolutely recommend this hostel to friens going to NYC! ”
- 01 Apr 2016 David Sweden
- “ BUYER BEWARE! I booked a three bed private room and received a two bed private room that sleeps 3 very uncomfortably. We paid for three beds and got two beds. This made for a very bad NYC trip. The staff were indifferent about this issue even though I provided them evidence of my THREE bed reservation. Hostels.com customer service has been unhelpful and continue disputing the simple fact of 3 beds vs. 2 beds. ”
- 11 Dec 2015 Kennan USA