American Dream Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I had really bad experience there Everything in the hostel were nice but when i got home started the terrible inconvenient. The hostel charged on my credit card all payment when i had paid by cash directly at the hostel when i arrived. Other bad thing is that they have not had answer to the problem and they have not given me the money back, even i sent the receipt payment to clarify. I recommend to all people to be careful when you pay in the hostel & check the receipt to dont have my same probl ”
- 09 Sep 2014 Anonymous Colombia
- “ Had a two week stay at the American Dream Hostel and was very impressed. It has a great central location, with easy access to all the touristy places whether on foot or on public transport, but is also in a quiet enough area to make you feel like you are in a more 'real' New York. You never feel unsafe nearby or that your room is at risk. The hostel always felt very clean, and the provided breakfast was always good, and a nice way to meet other guests. I would definitely recommend. ”
- 26 Aug 2014 Anonymous England
- “ Great location, value for money and free delicious breakfasts :) It's excellent hostel for thegroup of young people. I'll recommend this hostel my friends. ”
- 16 Aug 2014 Tatiana Russia
- “ I absolutely loved this place. It was close to numerous subway lines, and the Midtown location was central. The staff were all very friendly, the room was clean and quiet. They even have a cat that lives in the building, who befriended me, which was a great added touch! I did not take advantage of the breakfast, so cannot comment on that, and the only thing I would have desired was an easy way to open the window in my room. It was cool outside, and I would've preferred the fresh AC. Recommended! ”
- 15 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Perfect location and the breakfasts were amazing. I would not recommend this place if you have an issue with stairs. It is the perfect place if you are an independent traveller. There are a lot of brochures as you walk in the door which help you find your way. It's walking distance to upper and lower or you can catch public transport - the choice is yours. The staff were friendly enough but didn't go out of their way - they do answer your questions when you ask. ”
- 01 Aug 2014 Jackie Australia
- “ We really liked this Hostel, the location is great and it is very clean. We took a room for 3 and it was a a little bit tight but appropriate. The kitchen is nice and the breakfast they offer was good. We definitely recommend it. ”
- 04 Jul 2014 Patricia Panama