Amsterdam Hostel Leidseplein
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The shower is extremely difficult to use. Toilet's lid is missing. Wish there was a proper kitchen, however David is the best personnel i've ever met. He is extremely helpful, friendly and hard working. So because of him i would come back if i ever visit amsterdam again. ”
- 21 Mar 2016 Anonymous Sweden
- “ This is a nightmare of hostels experience. The price and the service never matched. The staff had to charge me the whole payment 41.99 Euros per night while I was told to pay EUR 36.95. This feels like a day light robbery for me. The amount I paid 5.04 euros with my card was not considered. ”
- 19 Mar 2016 Anonymous Eritrea
- “ Cool place nice staff freindly cat and very clean room/bathroom too! And definitely the place to stay if you are a big DBZ fan :) Nice location only 15/20 minutes from the center so no need for a tram too much too see would highly recommend staying here anytime of the year!! ”
- 08 Dec 2015 Anonymous Scotland
- “ Overall I enjoyed my stay Hostel is located in one of the cities hotspots, so do not expect much silence at night as bars and clubs in the area are usually open til 4 in the morning Bathroom was a bit small for a dormitory and rather dirty, showercurtain was moldy, and the showerhead broken. Bunkbeds don't have ladders ”
- 16 Aug 2015 Anonymous Belgium
- “ I'd recommend this hostel if you're staying in a large group. You can all fit in the room, which includes a shower+toilet (seperated). There's a small refridgerator which you share with other guests. WiFi works fine. The breakfast wasn't worth it. Only available from 8-9.30 and the was only sliced bread that was very dry, as if it had been out of the fridge for a week or so. Lastly, we paid with a non-dutch regular bankcard and had to pay 5% extra (on top of the bank currency exchange rate) ”
- 10 Aug 2015 Sem Netherlands
- “ This hostel, have a really bad and incompetent staff. Really disappointing at a hostel. A friend and I, booked 2 nights at this hostel, and when we arrived, we could not get a key to our room. We had to get the staffs key, and return it within 5 min. We got promised keys the day after. We only got 1 key, but we paid for 2 deposits to the keys. So when we checked out. We returned the one key and got 10 Euro back in deposit. Even tho we should have gotten 20 euros. very expensive hostel. ”
- 25 Jul 2015 Tobias Lee Denmark