Amsterdam Hostel Uptown
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ It was fine... ”
- 20 Dec 2014 Andrew USA
- “ Super seedy hostel. It is a tiny building overall, easily missed from the street, feels cramped and unkempt. Stinky hallway after the front door. Had a 'private room' ten feet from the front desk. Uncomfortably noisy. Walls were pastel orange, marked black and chipped. Had a big mirror in the room with a big crack in it. Bathroom stinks, I think the smell comes from the pipes. Felt like a third world hostel. Beds were just thick foam pads, no springs. Not the level of class I was expecting. ”
- 15 Nov 2014 margarito USA
- “ It is really a hostel just to go to sleep, beds are clean and bathroom as well. The problem is that it doesn't have any kitchen or common area. So if u are budget traveler it isn't the best choice because u will have to eat outside. Breakfast is included byt ut is very poor, but I guess for 10euros u can't ask for more. ”
- 10 Nov 2014 Anonymous Chile
- “ Only takes cash. 10 Euro key deposit. Not near the center and more expensive then hostels in the center. Breakfast in another building a few blocks away. Only had bread, jam, peanut butter, and nasty coffee. Not even a toaster. One night we came in and there was someone sleeping in my friends bed. We were only offered new sheets, not an apology. ”
- 31 Oct 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ It was not clean in the bathrooms at all. ”
- 06 Oct 2014 LENA Germany
- “ My son and I were lucky that Ms. Medina took good care of us. Our room was very, very dirt, lots of dust in the floor, the water was flooding in the bathroom, all wet by the door , in other words, a mess. Ms Medina was very helpful and responded to our needs in no time. By that same evening, the room was clean - needless to say that I had to swipe it myself - Medina brought some old towels to dry part of the mess and in the morning a plumber finalized the job. Thanks! ”
- 18 Jun 2014 Phydias Brazil