Ancient City Youth Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ This was a great hostel, the location was good and the bar area was great and food was nice and reasonable. We booked a private double and it was standard and clean and didn't smell :) it's easy to reach from the train station and the staff are very helpful with providing bus numbers etc ”
- 10 Jun 2015 Aaron England
- “ Very good value for money. Perfect location (behind the main metro station - Beida Jie, the cross intersection between Line 1 and Line 2, and next to a Police station). Staff speaks English, although not all employees are evenly trained. A little light on the types of tour offered. Large bar, but not much interactions between guests (probably because it's large). Seems to be more popular with Chinese guests than foreigners. Staff did not enforce non smoking ban in the lounge. ”
- 29 Nov 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Quite a good hostel in Xi'An, with a reasonable bar area and a dumpling making class every now and again, which was good fun! Staff were a bit hit or miss at times - mostly friendly on the desk; a bit snarly in the bar. The free map the hostel gives out is good, but definitely needs updating. The airport shuttle does NOT leave from near the Drum Tower... We learnt this the hard way! More of a hotel-feel in some ways too, but still very good value! ”
- 18 Oct 2014 Anonymous Australia
- “ Good value for money, helpful staff, good location, a little overpriced bar, but in general it was good. ”
- 05 Oct 2014 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ A really cosy and clean place. Super nice staff. ”
- 30 Aug 2014 Anonymous Sweden