Apple Hostels of Philadelphia
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I enjoyed my stay very much. Fantastic value for the money, and the location is hard to beat. My only point of concern was the bathrooms sometimes could have used more attention. Also, some of the housekeeping staff tended to come in without knocking. But overall, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. ”
- 27 Jun 2018 Kristi USA
“ I enjoyed our stay at the Apple Hostel. Very Friendly staff (although I overheard one staff member tell someone on the phone “this is a YOUTH hostel....” right in front of me and made me feel self-conscious about not being “young”. Nowhere on the website did I see an age stipulation.
Otherwise, I highly recommend this hostel! ”
So great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I think what you overheard was an employee explaining to someone that we're not a hotel. Often people don't understand the term "hostel" so we have to elaborate and say "youth hostel" so that they understand. Otherwise we just call ourselves a hostel. Although the average age of our guests is about 23, we have people of all ages staying with us, as I'm sure you experienced while staying with us. I hope we see you again!
- 18 May 2018 Wendy
- “ I loved staying here! The staff provided a very open, and friendly environment. Everyone was helpful in terms of providing suggestions on things to do, places to eat, drink, etc. And even if you didn’t want to venture out, the activities they hosted were great. I did the bar crawl, and the haunted tour and both were fantastic. When I come back to Philly I will be booking with this hostel again. ”
- 15 Mar 2018 Elizabeth USA
“ Kitchen facilities excellent. Pool table and one sofa in common room. Form not cleaned the 6 nights I was there. Location and staff terrific. ”
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Our lounge has several sofas, as well as other chairs, stools, a piano and several guitars. You were staying in one of our private rooms. Our private rooms are only cleaned upon request, and you didn't request that we clean your room, thus no one entered your room during your stay. Our dorm rooms are cleaned every day. I hope we see you again soon!
- 13 Feb 2018 Anonymous USA
- “ Keep up the good work, Staff, especially Alice (Mgr & great cook), Jorge( for carrying my luggage up the stairs) and Tim for recognition of my face!! Your hostel is excellent! ”
- 12 Nov 2017 Anonymous USA
“ What a hostel should be! I should have stayed here an extra night instead of in New York. ”
We hear that a lot (about us and our city)! Our new expansion is finished with brand new rooms, lounge, laundry room and kitchen!
- 08 Aug 2017 Anonymous Australia