Arenal Backpackers Resort
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Overall we had an amazing experience at this hostel, however I do have one comment in regards to the staffs helpfulness. We were looking to go on an excursion (the cheapest the better). I asked the staff member at the front desk if there was anything we could do in the area on our own, his response was no and kindly directed me to the expensive excursions that they had to offer. Turns out that a quick taxi ride away would lead us to the Arenal waterfall and would have saved us 50$. ”
- 24 Dec 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Gorgeous facilities and pool. Very well kept and clean. Lots of bathrooms and showers, which is important when you're in a rainforest! You get a lot for $12. Food and drinks are expensive, but they need to make their money somewhere. Good location. Staff not terribly friendly but they answered our questions and let us change rooms. ”
- 11 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ The most "equipped to have fun" hostel in Costa Rica. My only complaint is that the front desk staff were not very friendly, and I had to go outside the hostel for travel advise. ”
- 06 Jul 2015 Andrew USA
- “ Great staff and location. Also probably the most popular place for fellow backpackers to make new friends. ”
- 20 Mar 2015 Matthew Canada