Arenal Backpackers Resort
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Gorgeous facilities and pool. Very well kept and clean. Lots of bathrooms and showers, which is important when you're in a rainforest! You get a lot for $12. Food and drinks are expensive, but they need to make their money somewhere. Good location. Staff not terribly friendly but they answered our questions and let us change rooms. ”
- 11 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ The most "equipped to have fun" hostel in Costa Rica. My only complaint is that the front desk staff were not very friendly, and I had to go outside the hostel for travel advise. ”
- 06 Jul 2015 Andrew USA
- “ Great staff and location. Also probably the most popular place for fellow backpackers to make new friends. ”
- 20 Mar 2015 Matthew Canada
- “ Awesome place, maybe the best place in La Fortuna to stay! Party people and lot of things to do. ”
- 12 Jan 2015 Benoit Canada
- “ This place is awesome! We had a one night stay but decided to extend it to another day. The place is so clean. The toilets are clean! Just bring a lock to secure your valuables! ”
- 29 Dec 2014 vasudevan India
- “ The hostel is beautiful. Just as the name suggests, it's a hostel resort, not just a hostel. There's no kitchen or breakfast in the morning. Instead they have a restaurant so you end up spending more money. I was highly disappointing with how unfriendly and helpful the staff were. I did not feel welcomed at all. So it you're looking for a welcoming place with a great enviornment I wouldn't suggest staying here. ”
- 02 Dec 2014 Veronica USA