Arenal Backpackers Resort
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ nice staff,possibility to store luggage, however bring your own lock,restaurant/bar affiliated-pretty expensive though, close to supermarkets and the city center, nice bar area at night! ”
- 11 Jul 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ Very well kept hostel. Nice pool and dorms. Bathrooms were also superior to most hostels. But with the constant rain a common room would be nice, with couches and decent lighting. A common kitchen would also be great. ”
- 18 May 2014 Kayla USA
- “ I've been traveling Costa Rica for several month from hostel to hostel, and I have not been at a hostel as good as this one ever. It functions like a hotel, and it's so cheap compared to anything else you'll find if you want to live on a budget. The staff was a amazing! ”
- 09 Apr 2014 Anonymous Denmark
- “ Nice hostel, but for my opinion too expensive. The staff at the front desk wasn't very nice and never smiled - a pity. The facility itsself with its pool and lockers are very nice. ”
- 11 Jan 2014 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ I cant wait to go back so I can stay longer! Everything was excellent! You meet so many different cool people! Ignacio you the man bro! ”
- 09 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ Clean, chlorinated pool and air conditioning were nice (though our AC may have been broken since it was on full blast all night and the room was freezing in the morning...). Otherwise, staff were friendly and helpful and the location was great for seeing the area. Would definitely recommend, but if you don't like loud pool parties long into the night, it may not be the best for you... we do, so it was great ;-) ”
- 15 Aug 2013 Anonymous USA