Arenal Backpackers Resort
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I enjoyed it a lot, great people, great atmosphere, good food! The lady at the "activities" desk was of much help, she's awesome. Heard a few people say they wished there was a fridge for our own food, Which I understand for very low budget travelers. I was happy with the services provided though. ”
- 06 Apr 2016 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ This was probably one of the worse hostel experiences I have ever had. The staff's unhelpful, rude and disrespectful attitude, as well as their attempts to totally rip you off, leads me to advise you to NOT stay here. There are better hostels closer to the center of la fortuna and cheaper prices for tours down the road! ”
- 19 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Overall we had an amazing experience at this hostel, however I do have one comment in regards to the staffs helpfulness. We were looking to go on an excursion (the cheapest the better). I asked the staff member at the front desk if there was anything we could do in the area on our own, his response was no and kindly directed me to the expensive excursions that they had to offer. Turns out that a quick taxi ride away would lead us to the Arenal waterfall and would have saved us 50$. ”
- 24 Dec 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ Gorgeous facilities and pool. Very well kept and clean. Lots of bathrooms and showers, which is important when you're in a rainforest! You get a lot for $12. Food and drinks are expensive, but they need to make their money somewhere. Good location. Staff not terribly friendly but they answered our questions and let us change rooms. ”
- 11 Aug 2015 Anonymous Canada