Arenal Hostel Resort
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ My friends and I really enjoyed our stay. See positives below... Negatives: -Our air conditioner did not work both nights. The hostel staff attempted to fix it the first night, but were unsuccessful. They brought us a fan... It wasn't until the owner overheard our conversation with the bartender that a satisfying solution was offered. We were refunded a portion of our fees. -We arrived back to our room after being out all day to find the cleaning staff left our door unlocked.-Cold shower. ”
- 06 Mar 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ Overall we had a good experience and the hostel living op to expectations. However you should not promise hot water when you clearly do not have the ability to provide it. I was told that the hot water and room lighting where powered but solar so I should try in a hour when the clouds cleared up. I tried for 3 days and got nothing. During cloudy season (the majority of the year) you should not promise good lighting in the rooms or hot water. ”
- 11 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ When we arrive we were notified that the hostel was full but they give us accomodation in their partner hostel Arenal Backpackers Hostel but we can use both facilities. The only thing that we don't like is that our room in the partner hostel was full of tiny cockroaches at the night. If they work with that then I will recommend them. ”
- 10 Jul 2015 Ailed M Puerto Rico