Around The World Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I had a great experience!!! Would definitely recommend! ”
- 06 Dec 2014 ashlynn USA
- “ I booked this hostel online because it had good reviews and was affordable. I was so pleasantly surprised, especially after experiencing BaseI love this little hostel. I am a little scared to review it because I want to keep it to myself! I met great people, the house is lovely and easy to get to city center on foot. It is very cozy, has a little backyard with herbs, the staff is very friendly and personable, the rooms and facilities are clean and warm, and there is free wi-fi! ”
- 06 Dec 2014 Emily USA
“ Great hostel. Clean sheets and rooms. Nice and friendly staff. Free pc with internet (job search etc.).Also free WiFi average speed. Tv Room. Nice littkr garden in the back for sunbathing and relaxing. Right for people who don't like big hostels. Clean kitchen.
Overall it wad a pleasant stay but a bit to expensive for my taste. ”
Thanks for your comments all the best with your travels.
- 26 Nov 2014 Benjamin
“ enjoyed the stay friendly staff & very clean thank you will return ”
Thanks for your comments. Pleased you enjoyed your stay.
- 04 Sep 2014 Gavin New Zealand
“ Very helpful staff, easy free parking. 5 min walk from what used to be center city before the earthquake. Clean sheets, bed was ok. Bathroom could be cleaner and water pressure was not that good. ”
Thanks for your comments, all the best with your travels.
- 25 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
“ Need to upgrade bathrooms, brah. Stray hairs all over the place. Bedrooms were fine ”
Thanks for your comments, we will look into the issue of stray hairs in the bathrooms
- 25 Aug 2014 Michael USA
“ Nice and pleasant stay ”
Thanks for your review
- 29 Jul 2014 Anonymous Singapore
“ It was a lovely little hostel in the back of the city, but decent walk to the center. ”
Thanks for your review.
- 17 Jun 2014 Margaret USA
“ Free wifi ”
yes free wifi, thank you for staying with us.
- 08 Apr 2014 Anonymous Taiwan
“ Terrible hostel! Extremely dirty (smells like feet) and the staff is terrible. There was a loud group of people around 1a in my room and when I asked them to keep it down or take it outside, they told me to f*** off. I later found out that they work at the hostel for accommodation. I also know people that had things stolen during their stay at the hostel. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL! ”
Hi I am very upset to see your comments and wish you had come and made the complaint with me personally. Yes there was some noise issues that night and we did have another complaint from another guest who I refunded in full. Sorry you felt the place smelt of smelly feet and I was not told about anything going missing?? We are a very secure hostel, as we have a key code on the front door, keys for all the rooms and cameras in the hostel, please send me an email if you would like to. Belinda
- 10 Feb 2014 Anonymous USA