Arsenal Tavern Backpackers
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Do NOT stay here. The rooms and bathrooms are disgusting, only one shower worked and there was mold everywhere. The beds are the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in. In my room the window wouldn't close, in another room there was a hole in the roof. The staff acts like they have a million better things to do than deal with you. They wouldn't even call us a cab or tell us where we could find one. The street the hostel sits on is ghetto and fill of trash. The whole place should be shut down. ”
- 13 Nov 2015 Skye
- “ I had a great memory, and i still miss that place i can't wait to go back again.They were like family to me,nice friendly people,I had fun! And not only that when i did a mistake , they were forgivable to me, i really appreciated that. About cleaning, it wasn't all the great but they were doing the best so what i am saying is you are getting what you are paying for. The toilets were fine cleaned twice per day. Morning food is provided if you book from their website,or you pay 2 pounds. ”
- 16 Oct 2015 Emmanouil Greece
- “ Hostel is cheap and worth money, staff is very friendly. But one should definitely put things(especially clothes) into the lockers, I have my clothes stolen, unfortunately:( ”
- 27 Aug 2015 Kudrat Kazakhstan
- “ The location is not in the centre, but good bus and tube connections are near, so it gets along. Stuff was polite and helpful and cleanliness was quite good. We were in 12-bedded female room, later on I regret this decision. The room was too small for that number of people, not a single wardrobe or even shelf that you could put your things on/in, just small lockers. And girls were coming to room up to 3 o'clock in the morning, not respecting others sleeping, so lack of proper sleep was constant. ”
- 13 Jun 2015 Anonymous Slovenia
- “ Could be a great hostel but it need definitely and urgently face lifting... it is not within walking distance to the major tourist attractions but buses and tube are just in front of the hostel. Lidl as the absolute cheapest supermarket in London is a big plus to save money for you food budget. Finsbury park is great place to hang out and Islington high street and Camden are just 10min bus drive. As long they don't ask more than 8-10GBP is fair considering the general hostel misery in London ”
- 11 Jun 2015 Jani Austria
- “ When I arrived my bed was taken. I had to wait until the girl was convinced to switch to another room. Bathrooms are dirty and water sometimes stops or almost floods... ”
- 05 Jun 2015 Desiree Germany