Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ not a lot of space in the shared rooms, no lockers in the room, old fashioned quiet cold in the rooms ”
- 17 Sep 2013 Anonymous Switzerland
- “ The common areas and the bedrooms were fine, the bathrooms were great. But the kitchen was a nightmare. Impossible to cook your own food. Literally every piece of cookware had to be borrowed from the front office, and they took your drivers license as collateral... which was just ridiculous. Limited cookware meant that there wasn't enough to go around. When I asked for cutlery, they gave me plastic forks and expected me to wash and return them. Yes, plastic forks. Just crazy. ”
- 23 Apr 2013 Lucy USA
- “ I enjoyed my time in the hostel. The location is fine; far enough away from the centre to allow parking for vehicles but within easy walking distance. The atmosphere was friendly and the staff helpful, dealing with any problems in a courteous and efficient manner. Recommended. ”
- 22 Feb 2013 malachi Azerbaijan
- “ very nice and helpful staff, and the hostel appearance is very stylish. Definately will stay in Arthouse again if going to Launceston again. ”
- 04 Feb 2013 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ Nice new bathrooms and dorms. Kitchen wasn't so great but if you don't cook it really doesn't matter. Tv area was great and I met some nice people there. Also my laundry got cleaner there than in any other hostel machine in Australia. And it only cost 2$! Would go back. ”
- 18 Jan 2013 Anonymous Finland
- “ really good hostel!!!! ”
- 14 Dec 2012 Anonymous Japan