Ashanti Lodge Gardens
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I liked this hostel very much. Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, I could make my own food at the kitchen... I have nothing to complain :) ”
- 07 Feb 2015 Anonymous Finland
- “ Really nice and friendly place!Lot of party people staying here, good to know for people who wants to have a quiet vacation.I didn't party much but I don't mind noice either.Would have been nice with a quiet area, that was the only thing I missed the times when I needed to do work etc., worked pretty well to do it by the pool in the morning though. Why the rating of the staff is not the highest is because the service was toooo slow sometimes, and because of a few that weren't very serviceminded. ”
- 23 Dec 2014 Kerstin Sweden
- “ Ashanti is a nice hostel in a good location. A bit of a walk from Long Street but very close to Kloof and plenty of restaurants. It's clean, safe, with a convenient bar that serves food. 50 rand breakfast was excellent. My one complaint was with the staff, who seemed more interested in their own personal dramas than helping out. They had no knowledge about buses, taxis, tours, or anything else. They spent most their time in the bar, which is open LATE, so bring ear plugs. ”
- 22 Mar 2014 Anonymous USA