Ashton House Hostel
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Obscure hotel with very poorly insulated dry walls and noisy guests. Receptionist seems not to give a damn about their noises at 01:30 (in the morning)!! Light bulb in one out of two toilets does not work. No kitchen facilities and no obvious place to park a car for free. ”
- 01 Jul 2014 witold Poland
- “ I booked Ashton with my friend. We got a bunk which was curtained off so had a bit of privacy. The staff were friendly, toilets and showers clean and had no complaints. Happy customers ”
- 31 Dec 2013 Claire England
- “ Considering that the hostel was taking 12 pounds per night, I really should not have felt like I would have been better off spending the nights at the nearby railway station. The room was absolutely filthy, with this stink that did not go away the three days I was there. My bed was unmade and looked and smelled like the sheets had not been changed since the last time it was used. I literally had to go to sleep with a scarf over my face due to the bad smell. ”
- 10 Nov 2013 Tabinda Pakistan
- “ rooms didn't have any cabinets to safely store your valuables. beds and door to dorms make a hell of noise. bathroom has only 2 showers and they are not disguised so anyone can come in and see you, also no mirrors there. got mixed dorm instead of requested female dorm. ”
- 01 Nov 2013 hadewijch Belgium
- “ We just need the hostel to sleep, and we wanted to be near the city centre. For that purpose it may be enough, but just for that. The room was for six, we were four and there wasn't much room left for us. It smelled as if nobody had opened a window in centuries, and probably nobody has. The members of the staff were correct. ”
- 22 Oct 2013 Iñigo Spain