Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The Staff here are awesome!! We hung out together a lot and they are all really friendly. The location of the hostel is good as well. There are some Irish bar just on the corner and a hookah bar is also near. Some travelers snoozed like a thunder though, but I think that's nothing to do with the hostel! ”
- 16 Mar 2015 Ming-Hsia Taiwan
- “ A great hostel located in the middle of downtown next to a metro station! It's incredibly clean and safe! There was always a staff member cleaning during the day time. The staff was very welcoming and nice, as well as the other guests. The bed and pillow were comfortable, and the lockers were a perfect size for a carry-on or duffle bag. Safety is not a concern at this place. I'll recommend it to anyone traveling to Montreal looking for affordable, clean, and comfortable lodging! ”
- 09 Mar 2015 Anonymous USA
“ Excellent place to stay. Very quite, neat and clean. Will recommend this for sure. ”
Thanks for sharing your experience :)
- 28 Feb 2015 Anonymous India
“ I stayed at Auberge L'Apero for a day in 8 mix dorm.
Kitchen and breakfast were awesome, location was good.It is just next to the St. Catherine.
Only the pillow was little bit dirty but I believe it'll be improved. ”
Dear Guest, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our kitchen and breakfast! In regards to the pillow, we apologize for this and will double our efforts to ensure this won't happen again. Thanks for coming and hope to see you again
- 06 Feb 2015 MOON JUNG South Korea
“ appreciated that the owner of the hostel let us check in at a earlier time. he's very kind and the hostel environment is clean. would suggest adding a few more breakfast options to the kitchen, that'll be perfect. ”
Dear guest, We understand how it is to arrive early from an overnight bus so whenever possible, we allow early check-in at no charge such as we did with you :) We take great pride in our cleanliness, it is our best feature I think. Thanks for letting us know about the breakfast, we are now considering different additions to the breakfast menu. Thanks for coming !
- 05 Feb 2015 Ching Yee J Canada
“ Amazing location right next to the metro makes going everywhere really simple. Small staff meant desk was frequently unmanned but made up for by the fact that it was meticulously clean. ”
Dear Guest, We're happy to hear our location was convenient for you, it's true we're located near 2 subway lines making transportation very easy. We're sorry for the unmanned desk, during your stay some of the regular staff were on vacation so this is why. There is always someone 24h a day in the hostel to assist. Hope to see you again :)
- 14 Jan 2015 James Australia
“ Best hostel Wi-Fi I've had. $15 a night, and a very convenient location. I don't think I'll bother looking for other Montreal hostels honestly!
It's a somewhat small and cozy hostel, which I personally prefer. This hostel is impeccably clean, as they clean up the entire place on a daily basis. The one potentially critical problem is the relative lack of security. Personally, I and the others there had no problems, but I don't know, guess it would be wise to put rooms with locks, perhaps? ”
Dear guest, we're glad you enjoyed our wifi & location. We've installed 2 distinct Wifi access point to enable good speeds and coverage. Regarding security, we appreciate to know how you feel. If it helps, I will describe our security. The frontdoor is always locked, only residents can come in. Also, there are 2 cameras in the entrance hallway which lets us verify who is coming in. Half our dorms have door locks, the others don't because of fire safety regulation. Thanks for coming!
- 07 Jan 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Nice hostel. The location is very convenient, close to Concordia metro station. I enjoyed my stay there. The stuffs are nice, after checking in the stuffs showed the hostel around & explained everything clearly. Breakfast was good, they have washing machine facility, etc. I really liked the hostel. ”
- 02 Jan 2015 Anonymous India
- “ We, me and my two children, really enjoyed our stay here. The bathrooms were probably the cleanest I've ever seen for a hostel. The hospitality was good, the person who checked us in was very personable and genuinely interested in helping and answering any questions we had about our stay and the general area plus breakfast was provided every morning which I really appreciated. With bed linen provided my luggage was lighter, it would be difficult to find better value for your money ”
- 22 Dec 2014 Isobel Wales
- “ From the outside it looks really catastrophic, but once you get inside, it is really nice and the hostel manager was very quiet but very nice and helpful. The breakfast was really great. I would recommend to anyone hostel just very nice and clean. ”
- 23 Nov 2014 Derya Austria