Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I really liked this hostel. It was clean, the location was great (and near the metro). I especially liked the fact that they provided free breakfast and lockers. ”
- 27 Nov 2015 Femke Netherlands
“ Really great location, and really great atmosphere. Very clean. Only issue is that the bedrooms do not have locks, and there are not enough power outlets in the bedrooms ”
Dear guest, thanks for sharing about our location and atmosphere :) It's true that one dorm doesn't have a lock, that's because it's an emergency exit route so it can't be locked. The room however has lockers and is protected by our always locked front door and CCTV system. Hope to see you again :)
- 03 Nov 2015 Erika England
“ Those who work at the hostel should be able to speak French. ”
Dear guest, thanks for sharing your concern with us. Most of our staff is bilingual but some are in an immersion program and are learning french. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to see you again!
- 20 Jul 2015 Matthew USA
- “ We stayed in the female dorm, 5 of us so we booked the 6 beds available to have the entire room. It was clean, neat and comfortable. The staff was friendly. We didn't mingle with other guests but anyone we saw seemed friendly enough. We would definitely stay here again, the location is perfect for walking everywhere. ”
- 10 Jul 2015 Denise Canada
“ Unfortunately someone took the bed I had set out, other than that my experience was good. ”
Dear guest, we are very sorry about this! Sometimes other guests in the room confuse which bed is theirs and this happens. Hope to see you again :)
- 08 Jul 2015 Anonymous Canada
- “ The hostel has a cozy and relaxed atmosphere, it is clean and offers all you need when travelling. There are many good and cheap restaurants nearby, e.g delicious dim sum just underneath in the same house. Recommended! ”
- 30 Jun 2015 Jolana Czech Republic
“ Overall the hostel was nice, only problem was that there weren't enough bathrooms, in the morning its quite a wait to use a facility. The beds are also rock hard, it makes it kind of difficult to get a good night sleep. ”
Thanks for sharing your impression! On occasions where we have groups, they tend to all use the washrooms at the same time, it can mean some wait time. But in general we don't have many groups so this isn't a problem. We're sorry you felt the beds were hard, they are firm so they can keep their shape and not sag in the middle. We can offer pillowtops to guests who prefer softer beds. Hope to see you again :)
- 19 Jun 2015 Meghan USA
- “ A nice hostel at the heart of the City very close to Metro,Bus etc....I stayed a couple of days when i first arrived Montreal,and i stayed again on my way back home...A little minus point for the staffs....I'll definately come back when in Montreal.... ”
- 15 Jun 2015 Ahmed Belgium
“ This was such a fine place to stay (bathrooms are cleaner than mine at home!). Great kitchen facility and generous breakfast. Bed comforters of designer quality. Rooms spic and span. Entire facility you couldn't ask for more. Fabulous location, can't be beat. Go! ”
Thanks for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero! We're pleased you appreciated our bedding, and cleanliness. We do put alot of effort into those aspects :) Hope to see you next year!
- 03 Jun 2015 Anonymous USA
“ I had a wonderful time! The staff was helpfull and kind. I would definitely recommend this hostel for fellow backpackers. ”
Thanks so much for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero, hope to see you again :)
- 27 May 2015 Nikita