Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I can call it a perfect hostel. Ive never stayed in any hostels as good as this one with this price. Everything is good, room is super clean, there were no bugs on my bed, toilet was like that of in a hotel (not big but pretty much good in terms of cleanliness). The price for a night was 20dish, which is impossible in most of cities. I also liked the free cereal provided in the morning (usually most hostels only have bread and jams..) If you are going to Montreal, Here is the best! ”
- 15 Jun 2016 Anonymous South Korea
“ Location is the best and staffs are very kind. Price is also reasonable. ”
Dear guest, thank you for sharing your experience with us !!
- 17 May 2016 Anonymous South Korea
“ very nice ”
Dear Guest, thanks for commenting and for coming to Auberge L'Apero.
- 12 Feb 2016 Anonymous Canada
“ This hostel is in the best location if you desire to see old or new Montreal and a block from the metro which can get you everywhere you need to go to fast. Hostel beds comfy quiet rooms, and clean bathrooms! Nice free breakfast and computer to use of which I enjoyed. Staff very cordial and easy going, making a perfect visit would do again. Montreal is really neat and lots of food stores and shops close. Neat architecture too. ”
Dear guest, you did a really good job summing up the hostel and our location, what else can we say! Everyone here is very grateful of your support and welcome you whenever you're in Montreal :)
- 07 Jan 2016 Doug Canada
“ I stayed here on two different days. First day during check-in, when I went to my room it was very poorly organized with luggages thrown all around. I can't imagine how six people were crammed into that small room. I also came across some folks who are staying there for a long term. I was expecting to see fellow travelers. Second day was a better experience - better room and better people. ”
Dear guest, thanks for sharing your experience! We do indeed host different people that come for different reasons. On your first visit your peculiar room was filled with students moving to Canada for 3 years so they had more luggage then the usual backpacker :) There's a variety of guests which keeps things more interesting! Hope to see you again :)
- 01 Jan 2016 Gokul USA
“ I really enjoyed my staying there! it's a really nice place to book! ”
Dear guest, thanks so much for sharing your experience at Auberge L'Apero :) Hope to see you again!
- 18 Dec 2015 Anonymous China
“ I really liked this hostel. It was clean, the location was great (and near the metro). I especially liked the fact that they provided free breakfast and lockers. ”
Dear Guest, we appreciate that you share your experience at Auberge L'Apéro for all to see :) We are just 4 minutes from the subway so rain or shine it's easy and safe to get around town. Hope to see you again!
- 27 Nov 2015 Femke Netherlands
“ Really great location, and really great atmosphere. Very clean. Only issue is that the bedrooms do not have locks, and there are not enough power outlets in the bedrooms ”
Dear guest, thanks for sharing about our location and atmosphere :) It's true that one dorm doesn't have a lock, that's because it's an emergency exit route so it can't be locked. The room however has lockers and is protected by our always locked front door and CCTV system. Hope to see you again :)
- 03 Nov 2015 Erika England
“ Those who work at the hostel should be able to speak French. ”
Dear guest, thanks for sharing your concern with us. Most of our staff is bilingual but some are in an immersion program and are learning french. We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to see you again!
- 20 Jul 2015 Matthew USA
- “ We stayed in the female dorm, 5 of us so we booked the 6 beds available to have the entire room. It was clean, neat and comfortable. The staff was friendly. We didn't mingle with other guests but anyone we saw seemed friendly enough. We would definitely stay here again, the location is perfect for walking everywhere. ”
- 10 Jul 2015 Denise Canada