Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Linda was amazingly helpful getting us settled & showing us around! The facilities were very clean for a hostel, especially considering the amount of sand/salt/winter that was all over the city. Squeaky beds, but pretty comfortable nonetheless. ”
- 14 Jan 2017 Elizabeth USA
“ This is a great hostel in Montreal downtown. Location is close to the main street, and all the main sights are easily accessible. It's also close to a metro station. It is very clean, the bathrooms are clean and cleaned throughout the day. They provide lockers with a key, so you don't need to carry your own lock. They also give you a code to go into the hostel, so it's very safe. I'd recommend this hostel to any budget traveler who wants to stay close to the main street and major sights. ”
Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a detailed review :)
- 27 Dec 2016 Anonymous Serbia
“ The only thing I didn't love about the hostel is that there were two staff members staying in our room. We were asked to stay quiet because there were people sleeping in the room (even it was 4:00 PM and we weren’t noisy, were just taking out our coats!), after this happened we always were whispering and trying not to bother anyone in the room.... kind of uncomfortable.
Apart from this, the place is nice and is pretty near from St-Catharine street. ”
Dear guest, thanks you for leaving us feedback! We apologize for this; it is indeed not normal to have to whisper as early as 4PM; it's not our norm (10PM); we will follow up with the respective staff. Hope to see you again and safe travels :)
- 26 Dec 2016 Anonymous Mexico
“ I would like to thank how friendly the staff members were, even though I spent only 2 nights at the hostel. Also, I appreciate how quick they have replied me on email. ”
Dear guest, thanks for the review; I will let the staff know !
- 21 Dec 2016 Sharon Mauritius
“ One morning the a Indian looking lady at the reception followed me at the kitchen and told me to give her my keys coz its already 11am for check out i told her that ill be extending my stay i didn't like the way she asked for the keys it wasn't so nice because there was other people in the kitchen she continued to talk "you should check out even if you're extending" as a paying guest she should've said it in polite manner that the guest will not feel embarrassed. She needs cstmr relation trainin ”
Dear guest, thank you for the feedback; we will be doing a follow up with you. Hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable.
- 27 Nov 2016 Anonymous Canada
“ I was very pleased with my stay here. The hostel is clean and a great value. It's right in the heart of downtown (nice location). It's safe. You get a code to punch in at the main entrance of the building. You also have a locker in your room complete with lock and key, so you don't need to bring your own. The staff were kind and helpful too. A very good hostel. ”
Dear guest, thanks for taking the time to review us; we appreciate it :)
- 16 Oct 2016 Anonymous Canada
“ Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. Kitchen very well equipped. Breakfast more than adequate. Bonus that they offer an alternative for those who are lactose intolerant.
I'll definitely stay here again when I pass through Montreal. ”
Dear guest, thanks for your review, we appreciate it and wish you safe travels :)
- 26 Sep 2016 Anonymous Netherlands
- “ I really enjoyed my stay here. The staffs were great and friendly. I also like how they have kitchen and I was able to cook for myself. The location is also great. It only took me 10 minutes to walk from the train station. The only thing that I would was not satisfied was the fact that the wifi reception was not great in my room. However, the signal in the common area was perfectly fine. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who is looking for a cheap place for a few days. ”
- 04 Sep 2016 Hillary China
“ Has a perfect location and good security. It's a good place if you take the hostel as a place to sleep and if you don't expect more. ”
Dear guest, we appreciate you taking the time to review us! Hope to see you again at Auberge L'Apero :)
- 19 Jul 2016 Anonymous Turkey
“ Before you walk in, you may think this place is not ideally because the old looking outside of the building. But actually it's good inside of the hostel. They've got nice facilities, nice staff, and clean everyday. Free to take breakfast, good wifi, air condition, comfy bed. And location is pretty good, near the bank and just close the St. Catherine Rd which is good for shopping and dining. ”
Hi and thanks a lot for the detailed review! It's true not to judge a book by its cover :)
- 08 Jul 2016 Anonymous Taiwan