Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Overall, it was very good. ”
- 04 Sep 2014 Kaitlin USA
- “ I had a horrible experience before coming to this place from a hotel where i paid almost 4 times more than what i paid here. In short: very friendly staff, descent rooms and accommodation, spotless washrooms, kitchen with all utensils and more than basic grocery to eat and breakfast was included, a common room to enjoy tv with other people staying there. I wish i had more days available to stay there. This place was one of the best experience in Montreal. I will come back to stay here again. :D ”
- 27 Aug 2014 AMAN India
- “ A nice place, not very spacious but considering the price, it's still very good. People are nice there and location is excellent, I go everywhere by walk and the metro station is just several minutes away. ”
- 26 Aug 2014 Anonymous China
- “ Will definitely revisit when in Montreal. Paul is so very detailed in everything, and is a great manager, concerned with the variety of all the guests!! His staff members reflect his dedication!! Great hostel!! Highly recommend!!! ”
- 22 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
“ Convenient spot for a night if you don't mind sharing a room with 11 other people, mixed gender. It's clean, fairly secured, great location.
I was personally disappointed that the staff didn't speak French. In Montreal, this should be a must. ”
Many thanks for your feedback. I apologize about this situation, but let me clarify: most of the staff is bilingual (if not trilingual) but not that particular night. The employee in question, while she is taking french lessons, didn't feel confident enough to carry out the whole conversation in french. I hope she soon will try more :)
- 15 Aug 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ It's clean and the breakfast is good. It's was a good experience. ”
- 13 Aug 2014 Cecilia
- “ i had really good time with this hostel. staff was nice, room was clean. i felt comfortable. but one thing i want to say is that washroom which has shower rooms was smaller then i thought. cuz i am kind of big girl. so it was hard to take shower. ”
- 09 Aug 2014 AYOUNG South Korea
- “ One of my favourite hostels that I've ever stayed in! Super friendly staff, close to the metro, clean clean bathrooms ... thanks! ”
- 10 Jul 2014 Anonymous Canada
“ It could be a nice place, but the fact that the owner of the place is not professional, unsympathetic and you get the feeling that he treats his employees and yourself (the customer) thankless and as if they were indifferent makes it a bad place. It's to bad, because the employees really work hard, and the hostel have potential for at lot more.
Suggestion for making it a better hostel: the owner should take a management course, and invest in a cooperation course for the employees. ”
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your feelings. As the owner, I'm very surprised to read this! The 2 employees certainly disagree with your statement, and so do I.Again I'm very surprised of this as we had a few interactions and you never made me, or the employees, know of this concern you have. I guess we have a very different view of how an owner should be and we'll let it at that.
- 26 Jun 2014 Charlotte Krogager Denmark
- “ Thank you guys I loved it. ”
- 29 May 2014 YENENEH Ethiopia