Avalon House KTM
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Avalon House is a great place to stay in Kathmandu! It is run by a really nice Nepalese family and has a great atmosphere. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. They have a private bathroom with a hot shower + free wifi. There is also a computer free to use in the reception area. I appreciated that the hostel was not in the middle of Thamal which can be very noisy and busy. There is an awesome view of Kathmandu valley from the roof top where you can enjoy your delicious free breakfast! ”
- 20 Nov 2013 Anonymous Australia
- “ I really hate to rate it so low, cause now that I have traveled Nepal, it was not so bad, but don't go expecting normal for the world. The location is very scary., but partly because I arrived on a Fridaynight and there was lots of construction on the roads. After traveling more in Nepal, the roads are just real bad. Staff was exceptional nice and helpful. Breakfast rooftop was great. Up there looking at the mountains in the distance, you could almost forget what it was like at ground level ”
- 18 Oct 2013 Donnie USA
- “ Saput and his staff were very nice to me. He helped me a lot to advice me for my travels in Nepal and as well he helped me to try to contact a friend by calling his family everyday for me! It is a very quiet and well situated hostel and i recommend it for your stay in Katmandu! ”
- 13 Jun 2013 Anonymous France