Avalon House KTM
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I really hate to rate it so low, cause now that I have traveled Nepal, it was not so bad, but don't go expecting normal for the world. The location is very scary., but partly because I arrived on a Fridaynight and there was lots of construction on the roads. After traveling more in Nepal, the roads are just real bad. Staff was exceptional nice and helpful. Breakfast rooftop was great. Up there looking at the mountains in the distance, you could almost forget what it was like at ground level ”
- 18 Oct 2013 Donnie USA
- “ Saput and his staff were very nice to me. He helped me a lot to advice me for my travels in Nepal and as well he helped me to try to contact a friend by calling his family everyday for me! It is a very quiet and well situated hostel and i recommend it for your stay in Katmandu! ”
- 13 Jun 2013 Anonymous France
- “ The hostel is a 5 minute walk to the busy Thamal area of Kathmandu. It, like all hotels in the country, suffers from power outages however it makes up for it with solar power to power most of the important parts of the building. Being so close to The busy area is good for those wanting to venture in however it is also great being far enough away to enjoy the quiet of the rooftop overlooking the Monkey Temple. The staff are great and helpful in tours around the city and/or country as well. ”
- 25 Dec 2012 Greg New Zealand