Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The Avenues hostel was Ok. My room ad fairly thin walls bordering on common areas, so it was sometimes a bit noisy at night. I definitely recommend earplugs if you stay here. I also had a chance to stay in the Camelot inn hostel, and the location of Aveneus hostel was a bit more central to downtown and is in a fairly quiet residential part of town. The facilities are fairly basic and there is not much to be said about the atmosphere. It was clean, and seemed reasonably well taken care of. ”
- 07 Oct 2016 Deborah USA
- “ The staff was friendly and welcoming. My room, next to the upstairs kitchen, was noisy; some hostelers didn't observe quiet hours in the kitchen or lounge. One guest started her mornings at 5:30 a.m. by using the microwave--right next to the wall of my room--and woke me up with its vehicle back-up noise dinging. Counters were tiled; placing anything on them created noise. Another guest decided to use the garbage disposal at 2:40 a.m. The breakfast was large and filling. Second Avenue is noisy. ”
- 25 Sep 2016 Anonymous USA
- “ The staff was colourful and informative. One of the workers is a pianist and played for a few hours in the lobby. So wonderful! ”
- 21 Jun 2016 April USA
- “ The only good aspect of this place is the location. Beautiful neighborhood. Besides that,the place is perfect for a horror movie. It look abandoned. With very estranged people around. ”
- 30 Jan 2016 Jose Panama