Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Staff was friendly but not very knowledgeable. we had a car, so location was ideal, but to far from center if you re backpacking. common bathrooms were ok, but rather few, our ensuite was in the same room as the bed, so no privacy. kitchen was good for our purposes, the fridge however was a mess ”
- 08 Jul 2015 Andreas Switzerland
- “ This is the third time I have stayed here and I like the location, staff and facilities. The Avenues in Salt Lake City are a very quiet and safe location. Public transportation is very close and readily available. There is a large grocery store only two streets away and an adjacent State Liquor Store. The laundry facilities are inexpensive and easy to use. As far as value for your dollar you cannot beat it anywhere in Salt Lake City. A full kitchen saves you lots, breakfast goods are provided. ”
- 06 Feb 2015 James USA
- “ I had a very enjoyable stay at the avenues hostle it was a comfortable clean and very inviting atmosphere. And for $20 a night I don't believe you could find anything better! ”
- 12 Jan 2015 Alexander USA
- “ You have to pay extra for a blanket. There is legitimately only people older than 45 there. At one stage in the night a woman banged on the door and demanded that some old asian chap leave because of his credit card. This was 5am. The staff were weird, the people were weird, but the value was alright. ”
- 08 Jan 2015 Scott Australia
- “ Hostel was nice overall. Staff is not super friendly but that's ok. I was disappointed to be charged 5USD for them to keep my backpack until 4pm at checkout (and 5 more if I had left it until 10pm). I'd prefer not to have a cable TV in the room and have freee luggage storage, after all this is a hoStel not a hotel! ”
- 22 Sep 2014 Anonymous France
- “ Overall this was a good experience, but not the best. The location is nice and quiet and the beds are comfy and clean. That being said, the staff was a bit dismissive. The guy I got at check-out really just didn't want to be there. I think the worst part though was the showers. If anyone flushed any toilet (boys or girls), the water temp dropped out. Now consider the fact that there are at least 8 toilets I can think of, that makes for a lot of chances. Had to shower at night just to avoid this. ”
- 12 Sep 2014 Anonymous USA