Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The bathroom in the deluxe dorm really needs some renovations and it was extremely loud on Friday night! Most of the dishes in the kitchen were dirty or burned (plastic dishes). Many people stayed there for a longer time being on the working holiday visa. However the staff was very nice and the living room and the kitchen area very newly renovated and had a great style! The location is very good! The hostel is only 100 metres away from Kings Cross station. ”
- 08 Aug 2014 Lisa Germany
- “ Good hostel. I stayed in a 8 bed female room, but the bathroom was too dirty, besides that there was a night we had no light in the room, no hot water and we didn't even have a discount or something like that. ”
- 14 Feb 2014 Anonymous Brazil
- “ Wifi not too reliable, and curfew in the common eating area (takes away from atmosphere feeling), but other than that, great location, great staff, and very clean. Avoid the nutella hazelnut looking spread offered during the free breakfast, horrible taste. Many people wasted bread. ”
- 08 Dec 2013 Anonymous USA
- “ The courtyard and upstairs rooms were very loud with drunk people and people jumping on the floors. Found a cockroach in shower, and there was a smelly guy in my room. Rooms were not cleaned at all it seemed. Dirt and trash on room floor. Bathrooms are very small with no hooks. For this same value, you can stay at Wake Up Hostel in a better part of town with clean non-squeaky beds and bathrooms. ”
- 07 Dec 2013 Katrina USA
- “ The friendly staff! Place nicely decorated, good kitchen area and yard :) Our room was in the yard, so the showers we used was next to the kitchen, a really weird place! And at the other people in our room living in long-term there, so the room was more like their home, and was very little space for our. Unfortunately hostel experience was spoiled, because partying EVERY night, was really hard to sleep :( And hostel does not have an international athmosphere, because 90% of guests was from UK. ”
- 05 Dec 2013 Anna-Leena Finland
- “ Rude owners who cares about nothing else than to earn money. One second you are promised that you can stay inside the hostel even after check-out hours but gets revoked 2 hours later - Ridiculous. Never ever meet such 2-faced owners in my life, and I am an experienced traveler. ”
- 27 Nov 2013 Alexander Sweden