Backpackers Hostel & Pub
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Not what I expected. Most of the people staying there are not backpackers, mostly permanent residents with poor hygiene. Personal is really nice. Breakfast is just coffee or tea and toast but it was ok. On my last night they changed me to a mixed room even though I had made a reservation for a female only bedroom. ”
- 07 Oct 2016 josefina Argentina
- “ Definitely would stay here again, great staff and great hostel for the price ”
- 31 Aug 2016 Laura Ireland
- “ The owner, Wayne, is an awesome individual and all of his staff live to those same standards. The shuttle service can't be beat and is a better value than you'll find at most full-scale hotels. Looking forward to visiting again the next time I'm in Boston! ”
- 13 Aug 2016 Russell USA
- “ Nice accomodation, nice people, especially wayne from the hostel was a very nice guy. I enjoyed my stay there and would do it again! ”
- 04 Aug 2016 Anonymous Germany
“ Rooms could have used some touch ups and some minor fixes. No lockers in the room sucks, it's better in the rooms instead of the halls. Also found it extremely loud very late at night some nights. Loved the free shuttle to and from the train, and the free parking was great. ”
Lockers are more secure in the hallway as we have security cameras pointed at them.
- 08 Jul 2016 Anonymous Canada
- “ Everyone is very helpful at Backpackers!! The staff is courteous and knowledgeable. I always meet the nicest people there!! Love it!! ”
- 16 Apr 2016 Lisa USA
“ The staff is very friendly and always offers help. The shuttle to Wellington Station is very handy as it enables fast access to the T-Line and thus to Boston.
The facility is average in terms of condition. The beds are nothing special. However, the offer a little kitchen including microwave so you're able to cook if you want to. Also there's a TV open to anyone that'd like to watch.
The breakfast is hardly a breakfast. It's basically toast with butter, strawberry jam and peanut butter. Still OK ”
The breakfast is exactly what we advertise, just something quick and easy so you can get out and enjoy the sights of Boston. There are several breakfast restaurants nearby if you wish to have steak and eggs, or lobster tail and champagne, but we are a hostel and we try to keep the costs reasonable in an expensive city like Boston. If you want steak and lobster, stay at the Ritz Carlton next visit.
- 29 Mar 2016 Alexander Timo Germany
- “ I really enjoy staying here the staff is super friendly and helpful.I've stayed here a few different times now and have a great experience everytime.Excellent wifi its super fast and their free shuttle service is great.I've met ppl from all over the world staying here.I highly recommend staying here you wont be disappointed. I give it a A+++ ”
- 17 Mar 2016 Anonymous
- “ They were so helpful and kind. Really went above and beyond. ”
- 14 Mar 2016 Ralph USA