Backpackers Hostel & Pub
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ When I was looking for a place to stay I made the decision because the price and the service shuttle they offer but when I got there I saw the hostel was more than I was expecting! I got there before the time to check in and they let do it before. It was good as I kept my things and took a nap before go out to see the things. I used the shuttle service since the beginning. I just had to call and a few minutes after someone would pick me up. Also they have every 30 minutes the drop off to the ”
- 09 Aug 2014 Samandra Brazil
- “ I had an absolutely fantastic time at Backpackers & would go back in a heartbeat. It's enormous, so you get to meet all kinds of people. Electronic keycard entry to my room made me feel secure leaving things there during the day. Free T shuttle, wifi, 6 computers in the lounge, free (though modest) breakfast. Chris & the other staff were extremely friendly, helpful, & knowledgeable about Boston. You can tell they thought ahead about everything a traveler would need & made sure they provided it. ”
- 08 Aug 2014 Alison
- “ The distance is not much of a problem, since the hostel has a free and very reliable shuttle that drives guests every hour to the closest subway station and picks them up. Although some of the facilities, like the bathrooms were clean enough, I was very annoyed by the strong smells in the lobby and in the rooms. I've stayed in many hostels and I am not picky, but I found the place shabby and neglected. Also, it is way too expensive for what it is. The staff though is very kind and helpful. ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Victoria Venezuela
- “ Very nice staff, clean rooms ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ I will keep using this hostel when i"m going to Boston. ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Anonymous Japan
- “ Sadly, I was only there for one night. So I can't give a fair assessment. It had a clean shower with hot water. GREAT water pressure. And I really needed a good shower when I arrived. The location was a bit out of the way but thankfully backpacker's offered a free shuttle to and from the nearest train station. It gets tons of cool points for that. I'd stay there again solely because of that. ”
- 01 Aug 2014 bryan USA
“ You guys are working hard, and it seems that you love what you're doing.
Keep it up!
And take your time...but please, hurry up! ;) ”
thanks for the great review, and on your next visit please do a shuttle announcement, its great fun Thanks
- 01 Aug 2014 Francois Canada
- “ Great place, kind personnel, some room for improvement ”
- 01 Aug 2014 Anonymous Chile
- “ These folks went out of their way to introduce me to the hostel experience. .The staff was friendly and helped me with a lot of things. The people weren't too bad. The folks in my room respected my things (That was huge to me!). This place was very good and it was relatively inexpensive to stay there. I'd recommend this place if you don't have a place to stay or the hotels are too expensive (That's how I looked at staying at this place. But these folks will take care of you, guaranteed! ”
- 30 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Had a great stay here with a friend in July 2014. Stayed 3 nights in an 8 bed. Facilities were perfect. Hostel even had a bus whenever you wanted to drop you to the subway. Staff were so friendly especially Ray who was experienced and gave great advice and helped us enjoy our stay. Very easy to make friends here especially with the common and pub areas. ”
- 22 Jul 2014 Emmett