Backpackers Hostel & Pub
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
“ Very kind staff. Mattresses were terrible though, and no fitted sheet? Shuttle stops after 1030 PM and then it's a &10 cab ride. You may as well pay more to find a hostel in the city. ”
the backpacker atmosphere and hospitality is what sets us apart from other hostels. The shuttle runs until midnight daily, and a taxi from wellington is $6. We find the great majority of our guests back by that time, and the others are very very late. Thank you for the review
- 14 Jul 2015 Joshua USA
- “ Everyone working while my 2 friends and I stayed there were extremely kind and helpful with what to see, whats a waste of time, and how to get from A to B. The shuttle driver, Wayne I believe, was the number one reason why if I ever come back to Boston, I will stay again at this Hostel. The rest of the staff was incredibly helpful, the place was kept up pretty well, the beds were decent, I would love to give this hostel a great review for anyone not so sure about hostels. Thanks ”
- 08 Jul 2015 Anonymous USA
- “ Had a great stay! Great service! Awesome employees riding around on cyboards... Bar open late! Breakfast in the morning! FREE SHUTTLE TO WELLINGTON train station! And then only about a 20 minute ride to the heart of Boston! Quiet in the evening. Friendly and open atmosphere. Gus and Andy the A-Team were working! ”
- 07 Jul 2015 Adrian USA
- “ Very friendly, welcoming atmosphere. A lot nicer on the inside than it looks from the outside! Jason at the front desk was absolutely awesome! He was willing to drive the shuttle early in the morning so I could catch a train. Thanks for the same day and nice accommodations! ”
- 04 Jul 2015 Julia
- “ This my stay at Backpackers Hostel & Pub exceeded my expectations! The hostel is nice, clean and secure and the staff really makes you feel welcome. Although the hostel is not located in Downtown Boston, the free shuttle bus makes it very convenient to get to the orange line (which takes 10 minutes to Boston Downtown). ”
- 30 Jun 2015 Anders Lima Norway