Backpackers Hostel & Pub
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The frequent free shuttle helps a lot. I like the patient and caring staff here~~Very helpful~~ If there is self-serve laundry available, that will be perfect! ”
- 11 Aug 2014 Anonymous Hong Kong
- “ Its was not clean at all. The sheets were too small for the bed. In kitchen is barely a kitchen, I could find 1 fork, 2 pans, only one on the cooker was working, no dishwashing product,... Not enough shower... ”
- 11 Aug 2014 Marion France
- “ When I was looking for a place to stay I made the decision because the price and the service shuttle they offer but when I got there I saw the hostel was more than I was expecting! I got there before the time to check in and they let do it before. It was good as I kept my things and took a nap before go out to see the things. I used the shuttle service since the beginning. I just had to call and a few minutes after someone would pick me up. Also they have every 30 minutes the drop off to the ”
- 09 Aug 2014 Samandra Brazil
- “ I had an absolutely fantastic time at Backpackers & would go back in a heartbeat. It's enormous, so you get to meet all kinds of people. Electronic keycard entry to my room made me feel secure leaving things there during the day. Free T shuttle, wifi, 6 computers in the lounge, free (though modest) breakfast. Chris & the other staff were extremely friendly, helpful, & knowledgeable about Boston. You can tell they thought ahead about everything a traveler would need & made sure they provided it. ”
- 08 Aug 2014 Alison
- “ The distance is not much of a problem, since the hostel has a free and very reliable shuttle that drives guests every hour to the closest subway station and picks them up. Although some of the facilities, like the bathrooms were clean enough, I was very annoyed by the strong smells in the lobby and in the rooms. I've stayed in many hostels and I am not picky, but I found the place shabby and neglected. Also, it is way too expensive for what it is. The staff though is very kind and helpful. ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Victoria Venezuela
- “ Very nice staff, clean rooms ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Anonymous Germany
- “ I will keep using this hostel when i"m going to Boston. ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Anonymous Japan
- “ Sadly, I was only there for one night. So I can't give a fair assessment. It had a clean shower with hot water. GREAT water pressure. And I really needed a good shower when I arrived. The location was a bit out of the way but thankfully backpacker's offered a free shuttle to and from the nearest train station. It gets tons of cool points for that. I'd stay there again solely because of that. ”
- 01 Aug 2014 bryan USA
“ You guys are working hard, and it seems that you love what you're doing.
Keep it up!
And take your time...but please, hurry up! ;) ”
thanks for the great review, and on your next visit please do a shuttle announcement, its great fun Thanks
- 01 Aug 2014 Francois Canada
- “ Great place, kind personnel, some room for improvement ”
- 01 Aug 2014 Anonymous Chile