Backpackers Hostel & Pub
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ I will keep using this hostel when i"m going to Boston. ”
- 04 Aug 2014 Anonymous Japan
- “ Sadly, I was only there for one night. So I can't give a fair assessment. It had a clean shower with hot water. GREAT water pressure. And I really needed a good shower when I arrived. The location was a bit out of the way but thankfully backpacker's offered a free shuttle to and from the nearest train station. It gets tons of cool points for that. I'd stay there again solely because of that. ”
- 01 Aug 2014 bryan USA
“ You guys are working hard, and it seems that you love what you're doing.
Keep it up!
And take your time...but please, hurry up! ;) ”
thanks for the great review, and on your next visit please do a shuttle announcement, its great fun Thanks
- 01 Aug 2014 Francois Canada
- “ Great place, kind personnel, some room for improvement ”
- 01 Aug 2014 Anonymous Chile
- “ These folks went out of their way to introduce me to the hostel experience. .The staff was friendly and helped me with a lot of things. The people weren't too bad. The folks in my room respected my things (That was huge to me!). This place was very good and it was relatively inexpensive to stay there. I'd recommend this place if you don't have a place to stay or the hotels are too expensive (That's how I looked at staying at this place. But these folks will take care of you, guaranteed! ”
- 30 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Had a great stay here with a friend in July 2014. Stayed 3 nights in an 8 bed. Facilities were perfect. Hostel even had a bus whenever you wanted to drop you to the subway. Staff were so friendly especially Ray who was experienced and gave great advice and helped us enjoy our stay. Very easy to make friends here especially with the common and pub areas. ”
- 22 Jul 2014 Emmett
- “ very nice common spaces in the hostel. The staff is really friendly and collaborative. ”
- 18 Jul 2014 Gabriel Colombia
- “ Place was clean, staff was nice, free shuttle to and from Wellington T station was awesome. Free computer access in lobby was awesome also. Just a bit expensive ($50/night). ”
- 16 Jul 2014 Holly
- “ Cool place - friendly atmosphere, does the job if you are in need of cheap (relatively speaking) accommodation in Boston ”
- 28 Jun 2014 Antony Australia
- “ When I arrived at the Backpackershostel I had been travelling for a long time and I was completely exhausted. I had to book a hostel last minute, and did not have any expectation where I would end up. Luckely for me Chris was working that day and made me really feel comfortable and at home. I felt so much better after he helped me and gave me a room for myself because I was so tired.. The other staff is really nice as well, you can ask anything and they will always be open to have a chat!! ”
- 28 Jun 2014 Leonie Netherlands