Backpackers Hotel Toyo Osaka
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ The location was convenient, but it was a little bit of a poor area. Provided, you will still be in one of the safest countries in the world. ”
- 15 Aug 2014 Anonymous Canada
- “ can hear others talking and yealing out of the door in the midnight ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Anonymous Taiwan
- “ I had a great time at Hotel Toyo. It's two subway stops from the Namba area. The area wasn't very desirable, but was perfectly fine for a budget traveler. It was quite difficult to find an ATM in this area though. On a late night out on Saturday night you can get a cab back for 1000 yen. I found this to be reasonable since I anticipated it to be far more expensive. I was very impressed with the 1st floor facilities. Very clean and very easy to use! Get a room on the first floor! ”
- 02 Aug 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ A great value for the money. The hostel is within walking distance of many subway stations and a number of good tourist attractions and shopping areas. The building is a bit old, but is well-maintained. The showers were super-clean and comfortable. Staff is very helpful, fluent in English, and knowledgeable about Osaka. There's a great onokomiyaki restaurant around the corner, too. The location has a reputation for being a more dangerous part of Japan, but I felt quite safe at night. Free wi-fi ”
- 31 Jul 2014 Eric USA
- “ Try to get a room on the first floor. The showers are great and the bathrooms are very clean. The atmosphere is great and I met a lot of nice people while staying in this hotel. I stayed in a twin room. It had A/C and a mini fridge. It wasn't much, but exactly what I was looking for. If it's not raining, rent a bicycle from the hotel to have a look around. There aren't any convenient ATMs in that area. ”
- 30 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Hotel Toyo is an affordable choice for a quick night through Osaka. It provides privacy and decent service. However, it was not very clean and provided little information on the surrounding area. ”
- 30 Jul 2014 Anonymous USA
- “ Rooms were really bad. We reserved four rooms. Three of them has an air conditioner but one has not. That room was more than 50 degrees at night and I can slept there only for two hours after 30 hours of flying. Also rooms were not clean. We found a very big bug in our room. But ... showers and toilet was good. If they can restore the rooms I will definitely stay there again. If they do not restore ( and put air conditioner in every room) there is no way for me to stay there!!! ”
- 26 Jul 2014 Anonymous Turkey
- “ Nice to have a room to myself. Lovely and quiet. ”
- 12 Jun 2014 Anonymous England
- “ Near train station and an inexpensive restaurant named "松屋" The staff is helpful and the room is decent The shower room and the toilet is clean ”
- 27 May 2014 Anonymous Taiwan
“ It was so good. when we arrive at the station. we lost the way how to go hostel, so we called to hostel and worker came out and found and brought us to hostel. They are so kind and freindly. And they can speak english well. they are open mined and helpful.
If i trip to japan again. I really want to use this hostel again!!! But you have to be careful. just reservate one room.
me and my friend reservated private 2 person. just reservate 1 person. then you can have one room enough to use 2people. ”
Thank you for your staying. We have to let us inform you that our private single room is just for 1 person not allowed to use 2 people. Hope to stay in our hotel again. Thank you for your understand.
- 01 May 2014 MIN GYUNG South Korea