Backpackers Manuel Antonio
Real reviews from fellow travellers
These are trusted reviews from guests who have actually stayed here. We hope you find them helpful.
Note: we only give a property a rating once it has received a minimum of 3 reviews.
- “ Great time and great fun over New Years!! The fellow guests were a perfect combination! ”
- 29 Dec 2013 sheri USA
- “ Although Backpackers was far from the beach, it was just a quick bus ride up the hill and there was a pool which made it still possible to soak up some sun. The staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. We met some cool people and there was a store right across the street made it easy to grab snacks or some beers. Nightlife in Manuel Antonio isn't crazy and it is sketchy in Quepos so I would plan on just staying at the hostel if you want to go out. ”
- 20 Dec 2013 Carmen Canada
- “ Backpackers was the very first hostel I've ever stayed in. It was a good experience for the most part. When I arrived at my check in time they did not find my reservation that I made on hostels.com, so I ended up paying full price and being charged my booking fee. My dorm was for 8 people, my bed was so uncomfortable the first night that I switched beds the second night. They play loud party music every night until 10 or 1030, so if you want to go to bed early good luck. ”
- 22 May 2013 Anonymous
- “ Convenient location right next to supermarket, restaurants, and bus station. Pool to swim. No on ever locks the dorm room doors so don't count on that. The fans in the rooms are great and keep you cool and maybe even cold throughout the night! Don't count on the free breakfast, every morning they had enough pancakes to feed only a handful of guests and everyone else was left just waiting around. ”
- 20 May 2013 Anonymous USA